Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RE: EmieBrowserModeList Virus Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hondo69

Hondo69

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

RE: EmieBrowserModeList (and related Folders in User Folders)

I have some questions regarding this issue, which I saw in one of your closed Threads (when doing a Google search)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569570/emiebrowsermodelist-virus-removal/

My research however showed on another Forum (a Microsoft Community forum) that this is apparently just a part of Internet Explorer (maybe just version 11?). And happens (maybe?) after a specific update.

That was found here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/erniesitelist-and-ernieuserlist/00407bd2-e349-423c-a8e5-cb6127840ea5?page=1

Was just wondering what the deal was. Is this a virus / Trojan / malware? Or is it a legitimare part of IE? And, if the latter, can it simply be Uninstalled - as the one Poster indicates?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:15 AM

Hello Hondo69 :welcome:

This is, as Oh My! said, legitimate and there is information about it here, (also included in Oh My!'s thread).

Hope that clarifies for you.

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 Hondo69

Hondo69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

So, unlike the previous scare, this is NOT some virus and nothing to be concerned about?

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,859 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

No, absolutely fine.

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#5 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,859 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:28 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users