Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Various BSOD errors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VSON

VSON

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude E5450 laptop, Intel Core i7-5600U @ 2.60GHz, GeForce 840M - running Windows 10 Pro (upgrade from win7 Pro) with the latest updates. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often after I upgrade to build 10586 (several times a day) with various errors.

After all struggle, I decided to reset/removing apps this week, and ran updates as you can see in the picture. The computer keep crashed randomly, without any reasons and I don't even install anything much yet.

Here are the results of some test I have done so far

chkdsk:

Checking file system on D:
Volume label is DATA.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot.

Checking file system on C:
Volume label is OS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

I ran memtest for 12hrs, no errors

Driver verifier.
I ran the verifier but it crashed too soon, before the windows was loaded, I have to disable the verifier in safe mode.

About the IntelPcc.sys, I am sure that I updated the most recent driver from Dell support but not sure if they care about this problem yet:

And this is the result of chips test, all passed

In addition, I notice that my clock jump forward after crashed and restarting even in BIOS.

Since there are so many dumps, you can just check the most recent ones, since they occur after I tried to reinstalled newest drivers.

Regards,

Note: I don't know why, but the site keep say "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community", could you please tell me the image types allowed so I can post pictures as proof for easier diagnostic.

Thanks,

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

Hi. . .

We are dealing with "unknown" hardware failure here. The dumps are incapable of telling us the exact piece of hardware that has failed. Dumps + debugging's purpose is geared toward figuring out software problems, not hardware issues.

I processed all 50 dumps. Windows only keeps the most recent 50 dumps on-hand; msinfo32 WERCON section shows that you've encountered at least 75 BSODs.

Unfortunately, all I can do here is to provide you with hardware diagnostic tests to run.

Also, run these hardware diag tests found at Carrona.org - http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

The problem may also be with other hardware parts such as the motherboard, PSU, wiring, etc... for which there are no software diagnostic tests available.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

BSOD DUMP SUMMARY

Spoiler

`

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users