Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 - Repeated BSOD's.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ziltoid

Ziltoid

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

Hi All,

I believe this may be a driver issue I'm having...My PC was upgraded to Win10 and has worked fine, but I tried plugging the HDMI cable into my new TV so I can watch my SkyGo app through it - unfortunately, it had a BSOD, and now it keeps restarting.

Unfortunately, it won't boot up - it says it's doing automatic repair and then restarts, gives me a BSOD message, then reboots and the cycle continues, with different error messages each time.

The error messages are:

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled

Memory_Management

Bad_Pool_Header

Kernel_Security_Check_Failure

It's a bit strange - I've had various error messages in the past, but never this many at once. I'm convinced it's a driver issue, although strangely the PC worked fine the first time I unplugged it from the TV. I updated my graphics drivers, and it worked OK. I didn't plug it back in, but this time I tried to turn it on and this cycle happened.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else experienced this?

Never had any of these issues with Windows 7, and my Laptop has been absolutely awesome with Windows 10.

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2016 - 08:38 AM.
Moved from W10 Support to Crashes/BSODs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1Bluemoose

1Bluemoose

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:50 PM

This is definitely not my area of expertise but I have a friend who experienced the same thing. It sounds like a driver issue. Check your drivers (video, sound etc) and maybe try another HDMI cable or if your TV has another port, (DVI, etc.) try that. You should be able to google search some of the things in the memory dumps that might help you. Could you maybe provide a few more details on the time of the BSoD? Is it immediately after you plug it in? Is it when you open the app? Does the computer freeze or go straight to the BSoD? Things like that may help in figuring it out. I'm also somewhat confuzzled. Is it happening when it is or is not plugged in. From what I understand, it happened after you unplugged it but not happens consistently, regardless of being plugged in. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Best of luck,

1Bluemoose

#3 Ziltoid

Ziltoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

This is definitely not my area of expertise but I have a friend who experienced the same thing. It sounds like a driver issue. Check your drivers (video, sound etc) and maybe try another HDMI cable or if your TV has another port, (DVI, etc.) try that. You should be able to google search some of the things in the memory dumps that might help you. Could you maybe provide a few more details on the time of the BSoD? Is it immediately after you plug it in? Is it when you open the app? Does the computer freeze or go straight to the BSoD? Things like that may help in figuring it out. I'm also somewhat confuzzled. Is it happening when it is or is not plugged in. From what I understand, it happened after you unplugged it but not happens consistently, regardless of being plugged in. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Best of luck,

1Bluemoose

It's an odd one.

So it happened the first time I plugged it into the TV (the looping BSODs). I unplugged it and plugged it back into the original monitor and it was fine. I assumed it was a driver issue, and it had stopped doing the BSODs. However, it suddenly started doing it again whenever I try and boot the PC up regardless of which output is being used. I figured it might be a driver issue, but updating them seems not to have remedied the problem either.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:37 AM

Topic moved to appropriate forum.

Please follow the instructions at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/?p=3707373 .

Louis

#5 Ziltoid

Ziltoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:29 AM

Thanks Louis.

I've taken a look, but I can't get the computer to boot up so that I can take measures to repair it.

I'm beginning to think it might be worth doing a back-up and a fresh install. I can run some hardware diagnostics too, see if there's a hardware issue I'm missing out on.

Edited by JSullivan1990, 02 April 2016 - 03:45 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:06 AM

Multiple changing BSOD errors are sometimes an indication of a hardware problem.

Start with these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

If they pass, then backing up your data and attempting a Windows reinstall would be the next logical step

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users