Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote assistance recommendation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gene_L

Gene_L

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

Greetings:  My 86 yr old mother often has problems with her computer.  Windows 7.  I've tried to connect to her computer from my Windows 10 computer via remote assistance, but the whole "send an invitation" procedure is too much for her to handle.  Question: is there a better/easier way/program for me to use to be able to take over her computer remotely?  

Edited by hamluis, 31 March 2016 - 03:57 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email, etc. - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:49 PM

The easiest way in my opinion is to install Teamviewer on her computer, log in to a Teamviewer account you'll create, and add her computer to it. This way, when you open your Teamviewer and log in your account, you'll be able to login by clicking on her computer name, and she won't have to do anything else. This is how I manage my family's computers.

https://www.teamviewer.com/

Teamviewer is free for personal usage.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:31 PM

Well maybe not install teamviewer but just Run it, considering that it can be used to install ransomeware if the service is running.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:23 AM

As long as you set a strong password, it'll be fine.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Gene_L

Gene_L
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:07 AM

Aura & JJ:  Thank you for the information.  I just read some stuff about the ransomware attack.  While Team Viewer sounds like a good solution, I'm going to wait a while to see if  they update their findings.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users