Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes fails to scan.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ashaffer

ashaffer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hi everyone,

When I run a Malwarebytes scan on a computer at work, it always fails.  It will scan the "pre-scan operations", then always fails with error "SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed with code: 1812". 

I have tried doing a full uninstall of Malwarebytes and installing it again, but the error continues to happen.

The computer is running Windows 7 64-Bit.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

Hi ashaffer :)

If you have an issue with a Malwarebytes product, I suggest you to request assistance on their forums, since it's easier that way and it also helps the folks at Malwarebytes keep track of the recurring issues and/or questions related to their software.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 ashaffer

ashaffer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

Hi ashaffer :)

If you have an issue with a Malwarebytes product, I suggest you to request assistance on their forums, since it's easier that way and it also helps the folks at Malwarebytes keep track of the recurring issues and/or questions related to their software.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help

I already read about this on their forum, and contacted their user support with no results.  The guy who was assisting me at Malwarebytes was not too sure of what would cause this issue.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:08 PM

When you're having issues with Malwarebytes, one of the solutions generally suggested by the Help Desk to try first is to uninstall/reinstall using mbam-clean.exe as follows:-- If using the Premium version, you will need to reactivate Malwarebytes' using the license ID and key you were sent by email. Make sure you save that information so it is readily available when reinstalling.
-- Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab and check for updates if not done during installation.
-- Restart the computer again and verify that Malwarebytes is showing in the task tray if using the Premium version. Then setup any file exclusions that may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

Hi:

Causes of MBAM hanging during pre-scan operations include:

• Corrupt MBAM program files (which would probably be fixed by the clean reinstall, as suggested by @quietman7)
  • Corrupt files on the system being scanned
  • Malware
  • Software conflict (e.g. with another security application)
  • Hardware issues

If the suggested clean reinstall does not resolve the issue, then as @Aura suggested, we could better assist you over in the Malwarebytes forum.

Our turnaround can be a bit quicker than the Malwarebytes Help Desk, because someone is usually around at the forum 24/7.

If you need further help, please create an account and post HERE.

We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

MM (@daledoc1 at Malwarebytes forum)

#6 ashaffer

ashaffer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:39 PM

Hi:

Causes of MBAM hanging during pre-scan operations include:

• Corrupt MBAM program files (which would probably be fixed by the clean reinstall, as suggested by @quietman7)
  • Corrupt files on the system being scanned
  • Malware
  • Software conflict (e.g. with another security application)
  • Hardware issues

If the suggested clean reinstall does not resolve the issue, then as @Aura suggested, we could better assist you over in the Malwarebytes forum.

Our turnaround can be a bit quicker than the Malwarebytes Help Desk, because someone is usually around at the forum 24/7.

If you need further help, please create an account and post HERE.

We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

MM (@daledoc1 at Malwarebytes forum)

If the scan is failing because of corrupt files or malware, how would I fix this?  I have already tried running the Malwarebytes cleaner tool and reinstalling the program, but the scan continues to fail.

-Ashaffer

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

If you want a more comprehensive look at your system for possible malware by experts, there are advanced tools which can be used to investigate but they are not permitted in this forum. Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide. When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team. If you choose to post a log, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users