Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Agent eMail Client Win7 Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tecknomage

tecknomage

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

I was a big fan and user of Agent by Forte when I had my old WinXP Pro 32bit rig (which is in the big-dump-in-the-sky).

When I installed Agent on my new Win7 Pro 64bit rig and set it as default, sending eMail would NOT work.

Through week of troubleshooting I found out there IS a problem with using MIME under Win7. So I went back and tried to UNCHECK the MIME box in default settings [Control Panel] [Default Programs] but I could NOT.

Tried uninstalling Agent and reinstalling it, but was no help, AND all my original Agent settings came back. So somewhere in Win7 the settings are kept and not cleared when you uninstall Agent.

I would really like to go back to Agent, so can anyone help find out how to clear ALL saved Agent data on Win7 :unsure: or how to reset default settings.

Edited by hamluis, 31 March 2016 - 11:39 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mrob

mrob

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:46 AM

You might try Usenet:

https://groups.google.com

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

0 user(s) are reading this topic