Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarting Randomly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 minimoney1

minimoney1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:10 PM

Hey.

I recently got a pre built HP computer (I bought it 3 months ago) that comes with i7 6700k, GTX 980 TI, 16 GB ram, and 256 SSD + 1 TB HDD.

Yesterday, there was a power outage for 5 seconds while the computer was on, so the computer shut down unexpectedly. I wanted to note here that I do have a surge protector and my computer was hooked up to the surge protector when the power went out.

Ever since then, however, something weird happens to my computer. When I'm using my computer and the computer isn't idle, everything works well, but when I'm not using the computer but it's still on, it stays on for about 10 minutes and then it automatically restarts the computer.

I've tried turning off the computer and then holding down the power button for 30 seconds (I've heard this might help in some situations). I've also tried turning off the computer and unplugging the power from it and leaving it off for about 1-2 hours, but the same thing still happens.

My guess is that something happened to the power supply, but it's very confusing because it works perfectly when I'm actually using the computer, but when the computer is idle it restarts randomly.

Anyone knows what might be wrong and could help me on this?

Thank you very much in advance.

PS: my previous thread was in the wrong section

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zigzag3143

zigzag3143

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

Can we get your Event viewer logs and the DMP files (if any)?

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Please read this wiki to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

#3 minimoney1

minimoney1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:01 PM

I've uploaded my dump files:
Here's the dump files in C:\Windows\Minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BytW-TTn-auRaEd5ZzVHTVV4TWM/view

Here's MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BytW-TTn-auRUXYzN01JdTI2Uzg/view

The only helpful thing I could get out of the event viewer is this:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000051 (0x0000000000000001, 0xffffc000011f4000, 0x00000000cf9e6f94, 0x00000000000002d2).
A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 367730aa-2212-4f55-868e-de29a11783ca.

Edited by minimoney1, 31 March 2016 - 01:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users