Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Scanner Not Working in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imjc

imjc

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:11 PM

I have an Epson Perfection V39 scanner that is not getting power when it is connected to either a usb 3.0 or 2.0 port. I know the scanner is fine because it works every time I connect it to my Mac. 

I have reinstalled and installed the Epson software several times; checked to make sure I have the latest Windows 10 update; and made sure I have the correct drivers for my Asus X99-Deluxe motherboard.

A Google search had me open the control panel and look at the Device Manager to see if the computer saw the scanner. It is there but there is a yellow triangle icon next to its name. When I right clicked on Properties it says, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)." Aha? It seems I need to remove, repair, or some how get this out of the registry. How do I do that so I don't mess up other items in the registry? I know running a registry cleaner on Windows 10 is a bad thing so it seems my only option is to go in and extract just this item. 

Could some PLEASE walk me thru how do this? Please? I am pulling my hair out on this on. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:51 AM

Follow the instructions here. Your Lower Filter Location may not be in the same location. Do a registry search for the lower filter found.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-fix-unable-to-install-scanner-or-imaging-devices-due-to-registry-incomplete-or-damage-code-19/

#3 imjc

imjc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:51 PM

Thank you for the reply and suggestion!

I followed the above link and did everything it said to do. I thought it would solve the problem but it did not. I did have an error 19 and I did have a class lower filter called "AiChargerPlus". See the attached screenshot.

I deleted LowerFilters, shut down the computer, reinstalled Epson software for scanner, plugged the scanner back in, but, the scanner still does not work. It is reporting the same yellow triangle icon and says under the General tab under Properties: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)."

Do you or anyone have any other ideas? This is so frustrating.

Side note: The scanner worked when I was running Windows 7. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 it has not worked. 

Attached Files

#4 imjc

imjc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

[SOLVED]

OMG! I just figured it out! My scanner works :) I was shocked to see it immediately power on after the fix.

I followed the instructions in this link from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/314060. Instructions are for Windows 8 but I used it as a guideline.

Edited by imjc, 31 March 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

Thank you for giving an update on the solution. I did not think the CD/DVD fix would work for a scanner. This will help other people with a similar issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users