Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Android] Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 Not Starting!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

It gets stuck during boot logo & doesn't boot to the OS. There is also a slight chip on the front,it has fallen dozens of times.It just doesn't start that's all--if I try an insane amount of times to get it to start,it runs smoothly(once I kept it under a fan & it booted--another time I moved the charger closer & it booted fine--so I'm beginning to think it's just randomly starts!crazy!)--just as long as I don't turn it off/restart it.I noticed once while using TimeBar app that the charging indicator slightly froze/stalled,& ever since booting has been a chore.I use a custom boot animation but it hasn't been a prob before but I don't know what's wrong /w this!I'm just glad I didn't delete my much-needed apps in trying to pinpoint this prob & in getting this fixed!I also got it rooted.Once I connected it to my lappy /w the Windoze service turned off & I received a volley of connect/d'c messages,could that be it?I've read about this happening tto other users (forums.lenovo.com) & they suggested holding down the Volume buttons to get to Recovery mode--but I don't have that & only Safe Mode works,if I can get it to load anyway (Safe Modes avail /w the Quick Reboot app).I don't want to revert to Factory Reset,as I have a lot of precious apps & data.Another user said that it could be the Motherboard that needa replacing,so worst-comes-to-orat I will send it to the store & get it replaced!And I was told I could send it to the store at the end of the month,so looking forward to it--hopefully they can repair it w/o it costing too much.I bought it locally for 500$ so it's not a small amount either!References: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android-Yoga-Series-Tablets/MY-Yoga-8-3G-B6000-3G-and-WIFI-is-not-booting/td-p/1465325 | https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android-Yoga-Series-Tablets/Lenovo-Yoga-Tablet-2-not-switching-on/td-p/2035689 (haven't posted there yet,but will soon!) My iPad works fine though it crashes a lot & my Yoga Tablet has been my rock for so long!Certainly unexpected.Also I don't use the original charger,that broke,so I use a cheap alternative one--that could be it,right?& that doesn't charge as fast.

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 30 March 2016 - 05:55 PM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:47 PM

The Lenovo tablet wasn't repairable by the store,they wanted to format the tablet to repair it,but later said that couldn't be done.I read somewhere that the Mainboard [hardboard?] needed to be replaced by they said the parts were unavailable cause this was an old model.At least that's what my mother said--don't know how far that's true;could be repaired for the right price I guess.I had everything from an IRC Client & Yahoo Mail to premium version Chess APK proggys + YouTube /w captions + a really blazing fast Auto-Reload utility:(autowebpagerefresh) murgoo (for a game I play),& that's just scratching the surface...Anyway what a shame!I was confident cause I read about some guy (bleep-micro) on Livejournal repair someones broken USB stick [which he found abandoned in a parking lot],by replacing the damaged parts & getting it to run--the things people will do!

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 26 April 2016 - 10:50 PM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users