Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Ethernet Controller Found.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rodrigorules

rodrigorules

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:27 AM

well my windows got messed up, so i used the windows repair option from the CD.
it repaired,,when i got back in windows , my internet wasnt working.
i noticed that my "nvidia nforce networking controller" was missing from "my network places"...i tried to reinstall drivers from motherboard CD. (nforce drivers).
didnt work.. - right now im thinking , well the windows repair didnt work so well.

i formated,, now im back to fresh start..i pop in my CD to install all my nforce drivers..
im done...and wait my internet doesnt work?
i noticed that "nvidia nforce networking controller" is not in my networking places..
which it should be reconized after installing drivers...it wasn't.

i look everywhere in my device manager..there is no sort of ethernet controller to be found!
mind you,, it is built into the board.

i did system restore back to 1 hour before,, before i installed any drivers.
i check my unreconnized hardware..i have vga card..sound card..ide crap.. and no ethernet controller!?

well thats my story..any idea where my ethernet controller has gone?

info, it is a ePox 8NPA-SLI board, socket 754.. onboard lan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:26 AM

Please check in Device Manager for the networking controller. Also check for any devices with yellow !'s or red x's and let us know what you find.

To get to Device Manager, go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 rodrigorules

rodrigorules
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:34 AM

i already did, its not there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users