Have you set any passwords in BIOS?
Please make sure that you have turned off the 'Hard disk password' option is turned off in BIOS of the laptop.
To reach the settings,
- Tap F2 or Del or Esc key to enter the BIOS (The exact key will be displayed while the first screen is shown after your press the power button on laptop.)
- Navigate to 'Boot' tab.
- Check if there is an option related to 'HDD Password' or 'Ask password on boot'.
- In case of 'HDD Password'
- Select if and press enter
- Choose 'Modify' if available or turn off/Disable.
- Enter the current password if asked
- Press 'Enter' if asked for new password. (TWICE)
- In case of 'Ask password on boot'
- Select it and press 'Enter' key.
- Select 'Disable'.
- If none of above works, Navigate to 'Exit' tab of BIOS (Last tab or option, usually)
- Select 'Load defaults' or 'Load default and restart'
Please let me know the exact BIOS name provided by the interface for exact assistance. The name will be similar to APTIO, AMI for Dell, Phoneix etc, mentioned either at top or at bottom center.