Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio Display/Video Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fl0ria_

fl0ria_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:50 AM

Hey! :) 

I'm new to here, and had a quick read on the rules for posting etc. So please forgive me if I break a rule or something.

Before I talk about the problem I'll list my specs. 

Model #: SVE15137CGB the b is optional Graphics Accelerator AMD Radeon HD 7650M Dedicated Video Memory 2 GB DDR3 Processor Name Intel® Core i5-3230M Processor 2.60 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.20 GHz RAM Pre-installed/Max 4 GB (4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (upgradeable up to 8 GB*3)

So I was in the middle of a game (League of Legends) and everything was working fine (Display wise) after a bit I started seeing these green types of lines, they were like landscape and fuzzy. My screen would freeze and then suddenly keep working, it happened like twice and I tried to end the game asap. Once I ended it was gone, but then soon after I started watching some videos and the same thing happened, but this time the problem got worser there were much more lines and they like filled the screen. My laptop froze for a bit and came back but the screen like bugged out and ended up blacking out with the cursor stuck. I could her my friend resppnding on skype, but soon after the laptop just shut off by itself.  . I tried to get into recovery and got into safe mode with the bugged screen but couldn't do much

I'll put a video link to show what was going on.. 

So after I tried to turn my laptop on and at first it was working but then the green lines came back and like filled the whole screen they were like hexagon shaped or something. I shut the laptop down and connected to a external monitor and ended up getting a video_txt_failure which these lines running down the screen. It kept restarting and getting BSODs. I haven't touched the laptop since (about 1 day) 

I'll insert a Pic here along with a video soon

Any help would be great, I'm not sure if I can get into the system now but I can try. In not sure on how I could upgrade drivers since :-\ can't get past the BSOD. My laptop showed different graphic chips thought it was 6xxxM7xxxM series. (I don't remember the numbers)

It would be great if I could get some help >< Could this be my video card dying or some sort of software problem?

Edited by fl0ria_, 30 March 2016 - 01:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zigzag3143

zigzag3143

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:46 AM

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

#3 fl0ria_

fl0ria_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

How am I supposed to get the files If I can't get into the system. .._..nothing loads anymore, the lights work like num lock and caps but nothing shows on the screen, even if I plug the laptop to a external monitor.

Edited by fl0ria_, 31 March 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:51 PM

There's several things to do - start with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://wwww.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Make sure that the system is free of dirt/dust.

Blow out the vents with canned air (DO NOT use an aircompressor or a vacumn as they can cause damage).

Ensure that the fan is working.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users