Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

I was wondering since i want to get into VB is there any diffrence in code in the versions like VB.5 or VB.6 ? or what is the diffrence in Visual Studio and Visual Basic.

My main question is do you think it would be possible to create a FPS with VB and is it possible to insert 3D maps so you can have a level to walk around on?

If you can answer any of these question it would be great. Thanks :thumbsup:
I can only learn what i want to learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:44 AM

I was wondering since i want to get into VB is there any diffrence in code in the versions like VB.5 or VB.6 ? or what is the diffrence in Visual Studio and Visual Basic.

My main question is do you think it would be possible to create a FPS with VB and is it possible to insert 3D maps so you can have a level to walk around on?

I know this is an old topic but no one has answered it and I'm new here, sorry.

There is no real difference in the code between VB5 and VB6. VB6 has extra functions which you can get around in other ways.

VB isn't the ideal language for creating FPS (First Person Shooter) you would need something like C or C++. You can do FPS in VB in a simple way if you use DirectX. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users