Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My screen gone blank

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ReynardAustin

ReynardAustin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

hey guys 

im just gonna tell my story.

so as you can see, i was downloading nba 2k16 in kattorent and i dont know i must have been downloaded the wrong files or something, and my security kind of thing just warned me about potential threat available. i ignored it, what a foolish act.

and then couple of minutes later, i try to run the files but it say its error and damaged. and couple of ads starting to pop out, hell even my google chrome started to close itself. 

i already realize that my regret is to download nba 2k16.

and then minutes later my computer just restart itself.

after the restarting is done, all of my screen gone black.

there is no "start button", my wallpaper is gone, all of my taskbar is gone too, and the desktop is.... well there are no desktop, just blank. but thanks to the ads that open itself on google chrome, ill be able to browse. but i need your help! please! :'( 

sincerely, Reynard

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 March 2016 - 10:30 AM.
moved from BSOD to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 auto1571

auto1571

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

To me this sounds like a malware related issue and I personally would start a topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Furthermore I would personally advise against the use of P2P programs. The probability of getting infected via a result of frequently using P2P programs is quite high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users