Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Websites flashing while trying to scroll

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 1Bluemoose

1Bluemoose

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

Hello there,

I have been having some issues browsing the web recently on my computer. I'll be looking at a website and scroll down and the website starts to flash white and whatever was there before about 3-5 times, very fast, before returning to the top of the webpage. It is very annoying and is happening pretty frequently. I did some Googleing and everything I could find, (which was not much) had nothing to do with it/didn't apply. I haven't noticed any patterns in it's behavior, it can happen on all sites but doesn't happen 100% of the time. I tried using my other monitor (in case that it was bugging) and tried replacing the mouse (it happens when I scroll) but no luck with either. Any help is very much appreciated. 

P.S. As this is my first time posting here, I wasn't sure whether to put this in Windows 10 or networking. I chose here because it's no problem on my Win 7 machine but if I've posted in the wrong sub, please let me know.

-1Bluemoose

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:08 PM

What browser are you using,does it happen if you try a different browser?

#3 1Bluemoose

1Bluemoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

I use Google Chrome. I gave it a shot on IE and was having the same problem.

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

Not an issue ive had,google search seems to indicate,Javascript issues,Plugins,that kind of thing.

I would try things like.

if your running Java,make sure its up to date,if not uninstall and re install.

Dissable all your plugins/extensions,thenre enable them one by one,make sure you only have one version of each plugin installed.

Uninstall and update flashplayer.

Also,what security software are you running?Something there might be interfering with pages loading.

If you want to go bannanas troubleshooting,Boot into Safemode with networking and see if anything different is running in normal mode by looking at whats running in the Taskmanager...might show up something..

Do a carefull Malware scan with your Av and Malwarebytes to make sure nothing of that nature is causing a problem.

Hope something works,let us know how it goes.

#5 minimoney1

minimoney1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:35 PM

Do you run f.lux by any chance? This happens to me as well, and I run f.lux in safe mode (so I assumed that's why it's happening).

#6 1Bluemoose

1Bluemoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

I did a scan with MBAM, it came back clean. Updated java, checked flash player (it was fine) and disabled some shifty agar.io hack plugins. I haven't noticed anything so far but I'll keep looking. I use MBAE but I'm not sure if that counts as 'security software'. I don't use f.lux, but it looks cool, and if this gets solved, maybe I'll try it :P

#7 1Bluemoose

1Bluemoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

Gave it a few hours, still having the problem, even with all of the aforementioned suggestions taken.

#8 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

I am having exactly the same issue, usually with Google Chrome and most often on this site.  I updated to the very latest Nvidia driver a couple of days ago, but that did not correct the issue.  It started for me about a week ago, long after "Black Tuesday".  I am running Windows 10 x64 Pro and the current official version of Chrome.

I will be watching this thread to see if there is a solution found.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#9 imjc

imjc

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

Could it be a graphics driver issue? If so, have you checked to make sure you are running the latest non-beta version? Just a thought that immediately came to mind. I had the same problem once and upgrading the graphics driver seems to have fixed it.

#10 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:31 PM

I use MBAE but I'm not sure if that counts as 'security software'

Yes its great,i use it,hopefully yove got a standard kind of AV installed as well?

God its one of those..sort of troubleshoot by elimination.

Try changing your hardware acceleration settings wharever they are,see if that makes a difference.

Since you guys are having the same issue,maybe you could both post a list of installed prograns or just video software,see if that helps isolate a culprit?

#11 1Bluemoose

1Bluemoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:03 PM

I also use AVAST for av. I checked my graphics drivers and they are up to date. I use nvidia's default settings, I tried switching it to both gaming and movie mode, same issue. It has also gotten worse :( I noticed the flashing is now both black and white, and continues until I refresh. As for software, I use NVIDIA's drivers, (duh) but I don't use any other programs that would interfere. The only thing I can think of is that I use Lightshot for screenshots but I don't see how that would interfere. I'll try disabling it for awhile to see if that helps.

#12 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

Try this..

Open “Internet options” - choose the “Advanced” tab,

tick or untick  “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering

See if that helps.

#13 1Bluemoose

1Bluemoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

Nope, enabled it, restarted, same issue D:

#14 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

Well,thats good,its no worse :- ( ...Im running out of ideas...I would troubleshoot by elimination now,try anything and everything.

Could it be an issue with the graphics card?Test that maybe,even test the hardrive?

#15 kimberussell

kimberussell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:39 AM

I'm having this problem as well on both of my Windows 10 systems (a desktop and a Surface). Both with Chrome, all extensions uninstalled, Chrome reinstalled, profiles wiped, etc.  It happened to the desktop a few weeks back and started happening to the Surface last night after a windows update. 

I have no solution, but to me it's almost like the stylesheets are bugged because after the webpage initially goes blank, it flashes when I mouse over different elements on the page. I've retreated to Firefox for now, hoping that a future Chrome or Windows update will address the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users