Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VPN Sonicwall to Synology

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 boomercd5

boomercd5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:38 PM

Hello all, 

I'm running into an interesting issue concerning a vpn connection from a sonicwall to Synology Diskstation.

I am using the built in vpn option in the diskstation and it says connected and is getting appropriate IP from Sonicwall, but I am unable to ping the diskstation or open the web UI from my desktop.

My desktop is in the same subnet as the Sonicwall (192.168.0.0 - .254) and the diskstation is at a seperate location.

I can ping the diskstation from my Sonicwall successfully, but getting a no reply when trying from my desktop

I cannot find any information about this anywhere. I am fairly certain that all of my vpn access options for the user are correct, but I am not that familiar with Sonicwall and could be missing something.

User vpn access is X0 subnet and firewalled subnets

Has anyone ever setup something like this or could shine some light on what I may be missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users