A few months ago, I ran Rogue Killer and it found some nasties I got rid of. I also run Malwarebytes. Back to Normal.
Now, Rogue Killer won't install. For a while I couldn't even get it to download. I eventually did today.
But when I click on the setup.exe file, it goes to a dialog box that asks me the language, and when I select that, it does nothing. It is present on the taskbar, but there is no activity I can discern. Repeated attempts, same result. In the Task Manager, there is a setup.exe and setup.tmp, but they don't appear to have any activity.
With Malwarbytes, I find the same (or similar) PUM.Optional.ProxyHijacker with a http=127.0.0.1:5577. It quarantines it, but it recurs. I can't tell if there is a lot of it out there, or I'm not killing it completely.
I hate to keep doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.
Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 March 2016 - 01:04 PM.
moved from XP