Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer turns back on immediately after shutting down, windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DavidP47

DavidP47

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

My computer keeps turning back on immediately after shutting down.  I have tried many fixes but none of them are working.
I went to the command prompt window and typed in "powercfg -lastwake", it didn't find anything.  I also typed in "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed".  It only displayed NONE.  I checked if there were any wake timers active, but there aren't any.  I've made it so that my mouse, keyboard and network adapter can't wake the computer.  I also had a look through the BIOS, and it doesn't look like wake on lan is active.

I have no idea what to do.  Please help!

My specs are:
motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
Processor: amd fx-8350
Ram: 16gb

If any additional specs are required, let me know. Thank you in advance.

Edited by DavidP47, 29 March 2016 - 12:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavidP47

DavidP47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

I just tried unplug my power supply and I plugged it into a different outlet and it works now.  Not quite sure why but I guess it's fixed.

Thanks anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users