Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update - Error checking for new updates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Azzajam

Azzajam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:59 AM

Hello, i have been trying to update my computer for some time now, but i have had no luck as an error message keeps popping up.

the error message says 

"windows update encountered an error, error code 800f0900."

i have ran both the update diagnostic and Fixit tool but to nothing has worked, anybody know how to fix this?.

i also have full up-to date avg antivirus which shows no viruses?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

Have you run any other scans to check for other types of malware? Have you booted from the install disk and run startup repair? Do you have any other security programs installed and active?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Azzajam

Azzajam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:31 AM

no i have only tried AVG, wwhich says it covers all types, i dont have a start up disk either, would that be a wise idea?

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:38 AM

There are a couple of free scanners I use and recommend. If these don't help then I'd recommend we move you into the Am I Infected forum so that you can get trained expert assistance from the volunteers there.

My go to on demand scanners are Malwarebytes Antimalware and Super Antispyware.

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#5 Ram4x4

Ram4x4

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:43 AM

Unfortunately WIndows 7 is notorious for update errors, especially once WIndows 10 came out.  Microsoft has changed something on the update servers and errors are frequent.

There are several errors associated with the updates and the fixes are varied and many, even within the same error code.

The best thing to do is to google that error code and start following the suggested fixes until you find one that works.  Every install is different so it is impossible to give you a fix that will work with certainty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users