to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
My name is Oh My!
and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.
- First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
- Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.
- When you post your reply, use the button instead.
- In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
- When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
- I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.
Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.
Thank you for your patience thus far. I may or may not be able to help you in the Malware Forum but let's take a look at things.
Please do this.
===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
- Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your Desktop. If FRST.exe is not on your Desktop please move it to that location. <<< Important
- Double click the icon
- Click Yes to the disclaimer
- Make sure the Addition.txt box is checked
- Click Scan and allow the program to run
- Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen
- 2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
- Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply
- Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop
- Please close any Firefox browsers you may have open
- Double click the icon to launch the program
- Make sure only the following options are checked:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Reset IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
Reset FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
- Click Go and once the scan is completed a MTB.txt Notepad document will open on your desktop
- Please copy and paste the contents in your reply
===================================================RogueKiller by Tigzy
- Download RogueKiller and save it to your desktop
- Close all running programs
- Right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator
- For Windows XP simply double click on the icon
- The program will conduct a prescan and when finished you wlll see Prescan Finished. Please hit the scan button
- Click Scan
- If, during the scan, you receive a request to upload a file to Virustotal please click Yes
- A report should open and a copy of the report will be placed on your desktop. If not, hit the Report button.
- If RogueKiller has been blocked, do not hesitate to try a few times more. If it really won't run, rename it winlogon.exe (or winlogon.com) and try again
- Copy and paste the contents of the report in your reply
===================================================System Summary Information
- Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time
- Type msinfo32 and press Enter
- Left click on System Summary
- Click File, Save, and name the file Summary
- Zip and attach the file to your reply
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it.
- FRST results
- RogueKiller log
- Addition log
- System Summary Information