Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DMCA removal from Google Search, what now?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 imightbewrong

imightbewrong

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

My site received a dmca notification due to an image a former employee posted for a product listing. Has anyone experienced being on this side of the DMCA? The email google sent contained only a link to a Counter Notification Form..but I admit the issue had gone unnoticed and have complied in removing it, I just want to know...

Do I have to remove the pages which contained the image(force them to 404 causing me to recreate the categories or tutorial page)? 

Or Will deleting the image be good enough?

Does the counter notification form imply that I am fighting the claim?

Is the counter notification form the form I fill out to comply and prove that the infringement has been dealt with and removed?

After the process, will this be a mark on the domain that it has a history with infringing on copyrighted material? 

Will google still refuse to index the pages in question? 

After all is done what are the damages and how can I repair them?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:46 AM

From the web where someone has similar questions as you: 

If you feel that your sites or pages were mistakenly removed due to a DMCA request filed against you, or you have taken the necessary steps to remove the infringing content, Google can reinstate these materials into its search results upon receipt of either a DMCA Counter Notification form, or a Content Removed form.

To request reinstatement for a URL where the allegedly infringing content is still available, please fill out our DMCA Counter Notification form:

http://www.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=lr_counternotice&product=websearch&hl=en

If you have removed the allegedly infringing content, you may fill out our Content Removed Notification form:

http://www.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=lr_counternotice&product=cnremoved&hl=en

If you have legal questions about this notification, you should retain your own legal counsel. If you have any other questions about this notification, please let us know.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 imightbewrong

imightbewrong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for the reply buddy.

I believe the real issue I am having here is that sources are telling me to fill out the counter notification form as if it was the Content Removed form... The issue with this is that to get to the form I must accept a term which implies I am fighting against the claim. I am NOT fighting the claim, the item was removed and I wish to move on. 

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/GhaMruk9X8w

The thread above closed without being resolved and is identical to the issue I am having.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users