Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lots of unusual ARP Traffic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tsantos

tsantos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

Make and model of computer: I bought parts and put the computer together.

*Let me know if you need the full list of parts I used.

How the computer is connected (wireless or wired): Wireless

Make and model of Router: Belkin N450 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router(support/help page for router on Belkin's website: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=24890 )

Approximate Distance From the router the PC is if its a wireless connection: Approximately 5 feet

What type of internet you have (Dsl, Cable, T-1,etc..): Satellite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was running wireshark and I noticed that there was a lot of ARP traffic on my home network at the time and I wanted to know why I am getting a lot of ARP traffic(specifically broadcasts) . This is a home network with about 4 other devices connected. It just seems like it's a lot and not normal. Please let me know if you need anymore information. Also, I attached two wireshark capture files in a zip folders. The first one is a a few days old the 2nd one is more recent.Thank you.

----------------------------------

Attached File  ARP-traffic.zip   2.65KB   5 downloadsAttached File  MTB.txt   70.86KB   7 downloadsAttached File  ARP-traffic2.zip   2.89KB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:04 PM

If you're worried about your network being compromised, change your wireless password.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 Victor_Senior

Victor_Senior

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:52 AM

I don't think any solution could be better than changing the password. This way, only devices you want shall connect. Make it as much unhackable as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users