Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DPC_Watchdog Violation Windows 8.1 and SDDIR Warnings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nigebirch

nigebirch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:10 PM

Hi, everyone,

I'm a new member with a 'maybe' problem.

Here is info on my system:

Operating System   System Model Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Center (x64) (build 9600)
Installed: 2/20/2014 7:25:15 PM
Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot   Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC
Enclosure Type: Notebook Processor a   Main Circuit Board b 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4700MQ
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)   Board: Hewlett-Packard 1966 KBC Version 93.52
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: Insyde F.65 11/20/2014 Drives   Memory Modules c,d

1999.54 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
1184.77 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

hp CDDVDW SU-208FB [Optical drive]

ST1000LM014-1EJ164 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 0, rev HPM2, SMART Status: Healthy
WD My Passport 0810 USB Device [Hard drive] (1000.17 GB) -- drive 1

16318 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

HERE IS INFO on WHAT IS GOING ON:

Got the BSOD on boot and was unable to sign into Windows until the resolution automatically ran it's course, which took only a few minutes.  After, the normal startup screen was presented, and I signed into Windows without event.  I went to command prompt and ran sfc /scannow as administrator.  Corrupt files were found.  Eventually, corrupt files were repaired and a health scan showed a healthy file system without corrupt files.  Upon looking at the log file, it showed DIRSD OWNER WARNINGS abundantly such as the following: 

CSI    0000013a [DIRSD OWNER WARNING] Directory [ml:520{260},l:60{30}]"\??\C:\Windows\apppatch\Custom" is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience-Infrastructure, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral

I have attached a zip file of the cbs log that shows the results of the scan log.

I re-ran scannow, restore health and again checked health again, opting for a new log file.  The new log file showed no file corruption, but it showed the same numerous DIRSD OWNER WARNINGS.  I have NO IDEA what this means.  Any help with what is going on here and why and how to resolve if this needs resolutuion would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Kindest regards,

nigebirch

Attached Files

• Attached File  cbs.zip   76.71KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users