Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Fan Suddenly Won't Stop Running at Full Speed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sweetjayne

sweetjayne

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

My GPU fan is locked at 100%.

The issue corresponded with a AMD driver update. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, gone back to old system restore points, everything. 

The only thing that turns the fan down is going into the "Overdrive" mode of AMD Criminson, and enabling manual fan control.. But then the fan doesn't go higher when I need it to.

Any suggestions on how to fix my fan? Alterntively, what is a good level to set it at manually?

Edited by sweetjayne, 28 March 2016 - 10:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

Fans don't use all that much power, so if you can't find a better solution, I'd set to a fairly high setting that doesn't bother you with noise.  Maybe around 3,000 rpm?

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users