Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

notification ......"new device found"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vacuum tube

vacuum tube

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

when i start up my old dell lappy inspiron 1000 win xp in the morning i get a notification .......jungo openRG internet gateway device. it has an icon....small tv with rabbit ears UPnP. sup? if it helps.....this putor uses chrome/firefox/optimonline/and is not wireless.thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:00 AM

FWIW:  http://security.ulitzer.com/node/2285307?__cf_waf_tk__=027326002Bpd14MnTiyksjKkSMjJ41VRfSEk

Optim Online is your ISP...and provides your connectivity?

Louis

#3 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

yes optonline is my cable/tv provider. i read what you sent me....twice. i understood maybe 10 % of what jungo does but i guess until optonline tells me to use/open it i will nix it . thank you for your fast response

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

I would simply make a phone call to my ISP, asking any questions that I might have about it's appearance and my connection.

Louis

#5 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

without a doubt....go straight to opt and ask. but. one runs the risk of an ear infection for having been on hold for sometimes more than an hour.....depending on how many times you get transferred /disconnected . i do not know if it is even from opt...being it is right next to the bottom tool bar and goes away in minutes. it is not a regular notice nor does it have a familiar icon it has appeared maybe 4 times in as many months.

#6 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:40 AM

opt says not theirs......try dell

#7 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

dell.... not theirs. i thought this maybe some type of pop up ad. malware and eset scans see no threats but i,m thinking it maybe something i click on that it comes and goes.

#8 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

it seems jungo comes with the router  ...........the router that was replaced a few months ago by optim.......ya know optim the guys that told me jungo was not theirs#$%@#&^.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users