Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD drivers causing BSOD??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hman123467

hman123467

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

Hi all,

I just got my XFX R9 380 around a week ago. i had no problems with it until i began overclocking. the OC failed and the screen went blank (did NOT overvolt it) and then i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the driver. so then some games kept on crashing but now i get BSOD messages that all relate to driver problems.

if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated

cheers,

hman out 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,913 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

Do a restore back to before you installed the new hardware and reinstall things(without the OC). then see if things re-occur.  If it still blanks or BSOD, the OC has damaged a chip on the MOBO.  Not the first I've seen toasted from OC.  I have researched sources and devices to repair and even upgrade those faulty chips.  Resurrection depends on parts and a skilled tech.  Expensive and easier on the pocketbook to replace the MOBO.  Many peripheral chips are running at the max tested specs and an OC can push them beyond their specs.  MOBOs with the OC options should have devices tested to the OC limits of the board.

#3 hman123467

hman123467
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

The problem is, I dont have a restore point. I think I may have fixed it by chkdsk/f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users