Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Posting quandry.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

I find myself needing to make a post about my comparison testing of my PC and my printer and how each OS affects the operation of the other Apples to Oranges.

The results of the tests I feel the membership may find usefull but it will entail touching on too many areas and 2 different operating systems. Since Linux is my system of choice I feel it should be here but there really is no general category that quite fits.LOL

So for once I will ask first. In my mind it needs to stay together in 1 post for any of it to make sense.

However that will require a good bit of leniency from the membership and moderators.

Some direction here please.

Thank you.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

However that will require a good bit of leniency from the membership and moderators.

I do not see a problem post away.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:23 PM

This is going to be harder and longer than I thought. LOL

I will be trying to compose this in a word processor and edit as I go.  Lol English Lit was not one of my better subjects, I barely passed.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#4 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

Lol English Lit was not one of my better subjects, I barely passed.

TIP 1 - "Spelling & Grammar" under Tools (I presume Libre Office 5 Writer)

TIP 2 - Keep Writer open when you copy & paste to the BC Reply Pane - if you close Writer before doing so, it may not be recognised by BC as having material in the Clipboard.

:wizardball: Wizard :thumbup2:

#5 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:13 AM

Lol English Lit was not one of my better subjects, I barely passed.

I've been able to understand your posts well, maybe a few typos, yet most of us has these once in a while. 

You're doing well in my opinion, to have Linux Mint up & running in such a short timespan. :)

Like I stated in another of your Topics, run Linux Mint & let it come to you, seems you've been doing that. I have strong doubts that anyone here learned their Linux OS of choice in a week & we don't expect it of you either. You'll make rookie mistakes, just make note of any when these happen, so that you can prevent from happening again. 

It's been a near fast 7 years for me, and to this day, am still learning new tips & tricks, here & on other sites as well. Often in articles. :thumbup2:

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users