Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

plenty of code from blue screen

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Exactly

Exactly

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

Hello any help would be appreciated. I get Blue screens maybe 5 mins into boot. Sometimes 30 mins after boot, Doing basic computer things web, email. Thanks.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 981 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

Hi. . .

Thank you for the files. With the sheer number of BSODs that you have encountered, running the jcgriff2/Sysnative BSOD file collection app could not have been very easy for you.

20 of the 50 dumps listed Avast as the probable cause.

I would recommend removing Avast for now with the removal tool - http://support.eset.com/kb146/

Be sure to re-boot upon completion to assure removal of boot drivers and kernel mode drivers.

Install MSE for now - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

15 of the 50 dumps had a bugcheck 0x24 - NTFS file system. This could indicate a problem with your hard drive.

Run HDD diagnostics - SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/4072-hard-drive-hdd-diagnostics.html

The remaining dumps could involve RAM; not really sure. Run RAM diagnostics - memtest86+ - run 1 stick at a time; alternate the slots; 7 passes minimum for each test  - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

Windows only keeps the last 50 dumps on-hand; 49 out of 50 dumps are dated today -- 26 March 2016, so I have no doubt that you have experienced more than 50 BSODs. In fact, the Software section of msinfo32 lists 207 BSODs, so you are definitely in the midst of a BSOD epidemic.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD DUMP SUMMARY

Spoiler

Edited by jcgriff2, 26 March 2016 - 01:51 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#3 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

Hi. . .

Thank you for the files. With the sheer number of BSODs that you have encountered, running the jcgriff2/Sysnative BSOD file collection app could not have been very easy for you.

You have no idea how hard that was. Proceeding...

#4 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

Avast is removed MSE is installed oddly, Seagate doesnt detect a HDD on my computer?

#5 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:31 PM

i was able to install seagate tools for windows running now. So far not a blue screen Avast really that poorly coded?

#6 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:39 PM

--------------- SeaTools for Windows v1.4.0.4 ---------------
3/26/2016 5:30:55 PM
Model Number: ST9500325AS
Serial Number: S2W0MW0F
Firmware Revision: 0001SDM1
Long Generic - Started 3/26/2016 5:30:55 PM
Long Generic - Pass 3/26/2016 11:35:52 PM

6 hour test and not one reboot I think removing Avast did alot!

#7 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:53 AM

few errors tonight blue errors..? any help appreciated

#8 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 981 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

So far not a blue screen Avast really that poorly coded?

It's hard to say. Something is going on with Avast drivers for them to be listed as the probable cause in so many BSODs. All drivers must pass certain tests before being released. I don't know what went wrong with this particular version of Avast.

6 hour test and not one reboot I think removing Avast did alot!

So it seems that removing Avast helped?

20 of your 50+ BSODs clearly listed Avast as the probable cause.

Seagate doesnt detect a HDD on my computer?

This is a problem. I know that you said that you're running SeaTools for Windows, but SeaTools for DOS should have been able to "see" your HDD.

This coupled with the 15 BSODs that had 0x24 bugcheck (NTFS file system -- & usually seen when there is a potential HDD problem) indicates that there is a problem with your HDD.

Do you have Windows Recovery discs in the event that you have to purchase a new HDD and reinstall Windows?

If not, you should contact Acer and purchase replacement media. I did so from HP a few years back and was charged ~$27.

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-7-windows-vista/3716-oem-microsoft-windows-replacement-media-os-dvds.html

I do believe that your hard drive is failing. Be sure to back up all important files as soon as possible as it is uncertain as to how much longer the HDD will function at all.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 27 March 2016 - 01:00 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#9 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 981 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

few errors tonight blue errors..? any help appreciated

Re-run the jcgriff2/Sysnative app so that I can see what clues the new BSOD dumps reveal, if any -

http://www.sysnative.com/apps/SysnativeBSODCollectionApp.exe

Attach the zip output file to your next post, please.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 27 March 2016 - 01:38 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#10 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

Thanks again.

Attached Files

#11 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 981 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

The 16 new dumps look pretty much like the other 50 - a mixture of bugcheck 0x24 (HDD) and default Microsoft drivers. Avast is of course missing.

See if Driver Verifier flags any 3rd party drivers - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Test RAM - memtest86+ - run 1 stick at a time; alternate the slots - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Spoiler

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#12 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

I did what you asked fo rdriver identifier and now the computer wont start keeps saying launch repair and then blue screens.

#13 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:16 PM

blue screens wimfsf.sys on bootup

#14 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 981 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

Exactly, on 29 Mar 2016 - 6:16 PM, said:Exactly, on 29 Mar 2016 - 6:16 PM, said:

blue screens wimfsf.sys on bootup

That is a Microsoft OS related driver - https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=wimFsf.sys

It is not the actual cause; rather it is listed as a default.

Boot into Recovery and run Windows System Restore -- select the restore point you created prior to running Driver Verifier.

Be sure to run memtest86+ as I mentioned in my prior post.

It seems that your BSODs are being caused by "unknown" hardware failure. The dumps are incapable of telling us the exact piece of hardware that has failed. BSOD dumps are only helpful for software (drivers) related issues.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 30 March 2016 - 12:19 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#15 Exactly

Exactly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

I appreciate all the help you have given me. This was the churches computer they decided to just upgrade. Once again thank you and sorry for the delay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users