Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unplugged wiring

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Floormansirishlady

Floormansirishlady

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

I'm looking for the diagram layout of the inside of my computer. My kids thought it would be funny to unplugged everything and now I've got to figure out where everything plugs back into. I'm working on an HP a6110n desktop. If anyone could help me that would be great. Thank you in advance...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

sata.jpg 

This is a sata cable. One end will go into your motherboard and the other end will plug into your hard drive. 

satapower.jpg 

This is a sata power cable. It will come out of your power supply unit and go into your hard drive, dvd drives and floppy drives.

24pin.jpg 

This is a 24 pin connector. It will come out of your power supply and plug into your motherboard on the side. You will also have a smaller one with 4 pins that connects at the top of your motherboard

fanheader.jpg 

Fan header. Your fans will plug into this slot on the motherboard. There will be one near the fan in the center of your motherboard you need to plug in.

usbheader.jpg 

USB header. Plugs into this:

usb.jpg 

Ask if anything else confuses you.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Floormansirishlady

Floormansirishlady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:52 AM

I'm feeling really uncomputerized at this point. The remaining wires unplugged say  P3, P4, P5 & P6 on them 

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

With computers these days, the nice thing about them is in MOST cases they only fit in one spot. How many holes are in the remaining connectors, and are they in a straight line?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

A look at the wiring diagram for the motherboard/system...would eliminate any conjecture, with a little effort using Google, IMO.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00839729

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00841410

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01063616

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 27 March 2016 - 12:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users