Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Issue After Malware Removal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mariowh

mariowh

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:44 AM

Hey, I haven't gotten any replies to a previous post so hopefully someone can help respond to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602096/has-anyone-gotten-this-side-effect-after-malware-removal/

Many game related programs have this problem and I have tried reinstalling drives for java and video

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:07 AM

Hey, I haven't gotten any replies to a previous post so hopefully someone can help respond to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602096/has-anyone-gotten-this-side-effect-after-malware-removal/

Actually... that is not true.  I responded to this topic.  I have sent a PM to deeprybka.  When I receive a response from them I will see what else I can suggest.

Edit:  In the interim, reopen the Device Manager, go to Sound, video and game controllers.  Double click on the Realtek High Definition Audio, then click on Driver.  When the driver information opens select Delete.  Restart your computer, a new driver will be installed at that time.

Edited by dc3, 26 March 2016 - 09:20 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mariowh

mariowh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

I have tried the interim fix, with no resulting effect.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:09 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 mariowh

mariowh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/l1qsyFmHW3L84E58sBdMDeU

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:55 AM

Open the Control Panel and select Troubleshooting.

There are two audio troubleshooting options, try them both.

#7 mariowh

mariowh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

I tried the trouble shooting and I'm not sure how I should approach it.I have gone through both, playing sound and recording sound troubleshooting and both audio interfaces for playing sound and nothing has changed. 

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:39 AM

Have you tried your speakers on another computer, or another pair of speakers on this computer?

Edit:  The CPU temperature is showing to be 75c in the Speccy.  This is rather high for this processor.  I would look at the heatsink and fan assembly on the CPU to see if there is a build up of dust.  If there is purchase a canned duster and blow it out.  This should be done with the computer shut down.  You can place a pencil through the fan blade to keep it from spinning while it is being blown out.

Edited by dc3, 27 May 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#9 mariowh

mariowh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

Honestly, since the issue is "graphical", I don't really know why I am troubleshooting sound, I don't think it is a hardware issue. But I'll go ahead and also see if I can do some cleaning while I'm at it. What am I troubleshooting sound for? 

Edit: I have sound working fine since the start, and I don't have an issue with it right now so that's why I'm confused.

Edited by mariowh, 27 May 2016 - 01:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users