Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost desktop icons and windows on other monitor!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gnostic

gnostic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

I just got a Tronsmart minipc running Windows 10, but I cannot see my desktop icons or windows when I connect the minipc to another TV.

When I connect it back to the original TV, it shows up just fine. But whenever I connect it to the other TV, I lose all my desktop icons, and I cannot open any windows, as if Win10 still believes my windows (such as Settings-window) is still on the other monitor/TV - which is not connected (as they are in different rooms).

How do I get to display my open windows and my desktop on all TVs which is connected to the minipc?

In Display settings it is already set to "Duplicate" but it is as if it is just extended, which I did not set it too. It is definetly set to Duplicate.

EDIT:

I solved it myself. Right click on your desktop, click on Graphics Options/Properties-> Output (or similar) -> Digital TV. It now displays the digital tv full screen.

Edited by gnostic, 26 March 2016 - 08:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users