Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Block access to Tor Browser on windows?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GardeeZak

GardeeZak

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:58 AM

Hi
I want to block access to the tor browser on pc. Tor is able to bypass K9 Parental control's restrictions. I am able to block access to sites that offer to download in the K9's specific sites to block page, but I want to make it unable to be opened without an admin password in windows 10.

Is there anyway to prevent it being installed? I disabled programs being installed in the group policy editor, but this did not prevent the tor installation.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

The Tor browser is just a modified Firefox browser

I dont understand? You have to go to the site to get the browser, how would it get downloaded without you doing it

My ad vise would be, not to visit the deep web especially using Windows

The deep web is where a lot of hacker lurk, and are good at messing with things. make sure you have flash player disabled

My suggestion, dont go to the deep web. Some people believe the Feds watch the Tor download page, to track whoever s downloading it

Might be just a rumor though

#3 GardeeZak

GardeeZak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

The Tor browser can be used to pypass the parental control I have installed on my pc. I do not want the parental control to be bypassed...

#4 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 921 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:11 PM

I believe OpenDNS can block proxy sites/services.

#5 GardeeZak

GardeeZak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:39 AM

I believe OpenDNS can block proxy sites/services.

Opendns can be easily bypassed by someone technofriendly...I want to be able to block the tor program frok being opened without an admin password

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:24 AM

Block it in firewall, use this app then your kids or whoever are not gonna get past it.

You can uninstall the program after you block what you want, and K9 should prevent access to the firewall settings.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 27 March 2016 - 02:32 AM.

#7 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:31 AM

Another tool they make should be what you are looking for, can only compliment the last tool I suggested.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 27 March 2016 - 02:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users