Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i_view32 exe (IRFanView) using major bandwidth?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Toripony

Toripony

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

NEVERMIND; SKIP THIS POST; I FOUND THE CAUSE (don't know how to delete this post).

In my continued efforts to monitor and minimize the bandwidth usage of Windows 10, I've noticed that i_view32.exe is using massive amounts of bandwidth for no apparent reason.  The network "Usage" details in Win10 has shown its total usage increasing daily and it has now used over 1GB in the week since I upgraded to Win10!  Is my Irfanview infected?  I have Trend Micro Internet Security installed and it isn't reporting any problems.

I've searched online but found no reports similar to this.  Has anyone heard of this?

Thank you,

Tori

Edited by Toripony, 25 March 2016 - 05:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users