Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook removal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hoopharted

Hoopharted

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

i want to remove everything to do with Facebook from my computers,,,,they keep telling me theres nothing  to remove because its an app

then how do they no me by my computer,and everything that i search for purchase,,,,im not buying its only an app crap,,,,they had to embed something that i can not get to

i tried clearing temp internet files and cookies,,,,i tried START menu >Facebook> then right click but uninstall or delete is not an option on any of the entries,,,,nothing listed in APPs for FB

running 8.1 on one computer and 7.0 on  another 

ive also run malwarebytes and spy hunter 4 on regular basis,both premium additions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:00 PM

Hi Hoopharted :)

What are you trying to remove? Facebook isn't an application, nor a program, but a website. As long as you don't go in it, you won't be using it. Also, the only plugin I'm aware of for Facebook is "Facebook calling for Skype" or something along these lines.

then how do they no me by my computer,and everything that i search for purchase,,,,im not buying its only an app crap,,,,they had to embed something that i can not get to

This is what we call analytics. It's pretty big now a day and there's lot, lot of money to do with it. Every company does it: Microsoft, Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analytics

ive also run malwarebytes and spy hunter 4 on regular basis,both premium additions

Personally, I wouldn't use SpyHunter, not after the company behind it, Enigma Software Group USA, LLC filled a lawsuit against BleepingComputer because they didn't like a "bad review" (even though it's an opinion) of their program being posted here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/announcement/frivolous-lawsuits/help-bleepingcomputer-defend-freedom-of-speech/

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Hoopharted

Hoopharted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:13 PM

thanks for the reply,,,,,first i wasnt aware of the spyhunter thing,and to be honest not sure of the problem,,,,my experience for the last 3 years has been a positive one although i am onto one trick they use ,,,its kinda dirty,when you down load the software or an update i think they give your puter infections so that you see 350 items being removed giving you the OMG factor,,,i ran and cleaned my computer using malwarebytes premium addition and advanced system care 4 prior to a spy hunter update and SH magically found more than 200 infections

any hoo,,,there are Face book entries on my puter,,,start menu,,,,then type face book in the search box and about ten entries show,,,,although no option when i right click to remove,,,,they are there for a reason,and i suspect its how they track my browsing and searchs as well how they know its me on my computer,,,,this is un-nerving and i just want it gone with out resetting my hard drive

#4 Hoopharted

Hoopharted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

there are 16 facebook entries for my computer

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

Yes, SpyHunter indeed uses such tactics. They also consider cookies "malicious" and always, always detects them to make the user believe he's infected. Fun fact, I downloaded SpyHunter in a VM, went on their website directly to download and install it, and it found "malicious cookies". It could have only come from their website since it's the only one I visited. Such shameful business practices...

Facebook don't need to drop anything on your computer to track you if you use their website to be honest.

Are you able to list me the Facebook-related files you find? Basically, what's their name, and where are they located? You can get that information by searching from them like you did, right-clicking on them and select Properties.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Hoopharted

Hoopharted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

several PNG files (5) cyber link expresso media

two - kc files Olympus subsystem,,,,,believe these have to do with photos because my camera/and picture program is Olympus

3 - FACEBOOKPROVIDER ,,,,has to do with MS Office

4 - facebook plugin windows live

the rest are facebook.com index  app data google

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

Without the actual filenames and file location, it'll be hard for me to see how to get rid of them the proper way.

Honestly, if they are only pictures, you can delete them. You could probably delete all these files without much impact.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,090 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:52 PM

Topic moved to more appropriate forum.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#9 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

i ran and cleaned my computer using malwarebytes premium addition and advanced system care 4 prior to...

I would get rid of Advance System Care too.  It messes with the registry.  BC does not recommend using registry cleaners and optimizers.  Quite apart from that, I wouldn't want anything to do with IObit after they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users