Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

"not responding", shockwave, other issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ayluh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

Hi, newbie here.. tired of my computer problems so I'm hoping someone can help.  I'm not a tech savvy person unfortunately. 

i have a desktop computer (around 2011) - it was on Windows 7,  

details of computer: 

Intel Core i7 950 Quad Core 3.06GHz 8M 4.80 GT/s 130W LGA1366

MSI X58-M Intel X58 MATX 6 DDR3 1600 SATA FSB 6.4GT/S Audio 1394 GB Lan

Kingston 1333 DDR3 (6x2GB) 12GB

Video Card

Sound Cards

Onboard Audio

Hard Drive

Seagate 1TB (1000GB) SATA 3GB 7200RPM,32MB Cache

Optical Drive 1

Network Adapter

Onboard Network Adapter

Coolermaster Storm Scout (Black)

Power Supply

Thermaltake TR2 600W Power Supply

Operating System

Windows 7 Professional 64bit (Installation if buy with PC/Disc/License)

Wireless PCI Adapter networking Wifi 802.11 b/g/n

Few months ago I downloaded Windows 10.  i can't remember now if I had the following issues in 7 or not and maybe that's why I tried 10? I think so.  I bought the computer online from a city near me, they shipped without CD's for the drives.  I emailed them now but no reply so not sure if they are still around or not.  I am wondering if I need some drive updates but have no idea which one or how to find online.

I use Google Chrome but the issues I have seem to be unrelated to browser type.

-websites show the turning thinking circle and often become non-responsive.  I get popups that say wait or kill... 

-websites show the shockwave flash message at the top in orange colour.. I googled this and followed some instruction that said to delete the pepflasplayer.dll from a folder I found by doing "Chrome://plugins".  But still having issue. 

-my Viber program I use with my family overseas also does not work well, always "not responding" and going to a grey screen, etc.. very very slow. 

-excel and word programs also giving issues.. so now I think its not even Windows 10 maybe?? 

-few times after websites haven't been responding my computer shuts down... I had a message a couple of times on black screen that said "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device.    While I did  not get this message during the last week or so I think I could as same issues above stil happening. 

What do you need from me to help start the diagnosis and solution? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:55 PM

Right-click the Start button and click Device Manager.  See if there are any entries with ! or ? to the left of them.  If so, you need to get the correct drivers for them.  Do you have a Windows 10 compatible network driver for your network adapter?  What version of Office do you have?  You need 2007 or later versions to be compatible.

Edited by Niweg, 25 March 2016 - 12:57 PM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 ayluh

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

hi, thanks.. i have nothing with ! or ? ... I guess I don't have a Windows 10 compatible network driver since I downloaded it myself.. How do I get that driver?  I have office version 2010. 

#4 FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,135 posts
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:47 PM

Install latest version of graphic card driver and flash player.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users