Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FOLDERS SHARING OVER INTERNET

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ORGENES

ORGENES

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:10 AM

Hi everyone...

I mean that i want to share and access folders between two or more computers when they are in internet but different network. This is example sharing when computers are connected in same local area network but today i want to know if each computers use its own network . Example when computers are far apart  city to city but users are in internet netwoks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:31 AM

Hi,

I mean that i want to share and access folders between two or more computers when they are in internet but different network.

I recommend you to use services like Dropbox, Googledrive or Onedrive. It works like this:

PC1 ---- internet ---- <service> cloud storage ---- internet ---- PC2

This is example sharing when computers are connected in same local area network but today i want to know if each computers use its own network . Example when computers are far apart  city to city but users are in internet network.

If you feel uncomfortable hosting files to a 3rd party, I suggest you may use a VPN service for the purpose.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

you can also use a NAS server to provide file sharing via the internet though I don't recommend Buffalo products for this.

#4 ORGENES

ORGENES
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

Hallow  Wand3r3r, how can i use a NAS server, where i found a server?.

#5 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:28 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network-attached_storage

shop around

https://jet.com/product/detail/e0794aae40e54cffac7175101bb2a663?jcmp=pla:ggl:gen_electronics_a1:electronics_accessories_computer_components_storage_devices_a1_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&ds_c=gen_electronics_a1&ds_cid&ds_ag=electronics_accessories_computer_components_storage_devices_a1_other&product_id=e0794aae40e54cffac7175101bb2a663&product_partition_id=156818418540&gclid=Cj0KEQjwz-i3BRDtn53Z5Z7t4PUBEiQA23q2APZe1i68Wj7c7-SpbXFnML9nnLLQlWL1EsBC6R0oMM0aAnw-8P8HAQ

You hook it up to your network and follow the instructions to access/configure it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users