Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Updates Infamous “Get Windows 10” Patch KB3035583

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

Microsoft Updates Infamous “Get Windows 10” Patch KB3035583

"No details on the included changes"

Microsoft isn’t announcing updates for this patch, but everyone should be able to see if KB3035583 is included in the rollout when new updates are delivered via Windows Update. At the same time, Microsoft also isn’t offering release notes when updating the patch, and the information included in the KB page is quite limited.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:52 AM

Just another piece of trash to rehide yet again. I truly wonder when Microsoft will get it in their brain that We Seven users Do Not Want ten. I got seven because I WANTED seven, not Eight, not eight point one, SEVEN PRO is what I WANTED and what I GOT, noway am I going to move on from it now that i just got it. Its supported until 2020, that's enough time for me to use it. I used XP Pro 3 years longer then I was apparently supposed to, and it worked perfectly fine for me. MS better get their crap together because I am NOT upgrading this laptop.

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

I truly wonder when Microsoft will get it in their brain that We Seven users Do Not Want ten.

Microsoft is perfectly aware of customers complaints and all the bad press they are getting in this regard.  However, Microsoft has said before that they don't care about a few disgruntled users in light of the bigger picture.  Go figure.

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:50 AM

Yes, it is really sad. It appears that MS thinks that as long as Windows is installed it is not totally your computer regardless.

#5 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

I agree with posts 2, 3, & 4.  They're making similar mistakes to what trying to force Windows 8 down people's throats.  That cost Mr. Balmer and the Windows project manager (I forget his name) their jobs.  Upper management in ivory towers often lose touch with the real world it would seem.  

Thank goodness for the GWX Control Panel!   :thumbup2:

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users