Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 PC displayed all white screen, unable to access anything

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pcbug

pcbug

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

I was directed here from the Windows 10 support section because I may have a virus or similar issue:

I have Malwarebytes Premium and Norton Internet Security which have both been running fine as far as I can tell but my PC experienced an issue several days ago.

Multiple times in a single day my PC displayed an all white screen, only the mouse cursor was visible and I was able to move it. The first time I noticed this was after an idle period (more than an hour) I rebooted the PC but the white screen returned upon startup, I could not even get to my Windows profile. I rebooted again and it was gone but the PC took longer than normal to load windows. The PC then ran for several hours in a "normal" state (I didn't notice any issues but I'm a novice) however after an idle period (more than 30 minutes) the white screen returned. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete brought the desktop back up (I did not attempt this the first time) and the computer once again appears to be running fine.

I ran my Norton Internet Security and Malwarebytes full scans in regular mode and the MBAM scan displayed several PUPs from "mindspark" which have been removed.

Can anyone direct me where I can go for help? Are they any files/reports I can post that will help diagnose the issue? My PC is an all-in-one and about 5 years old. Is it possible it could have been a screen display issue or more likely a virus/malware issue?

One last thing I could mention is several months ago by PC began shutting itself down during the overnight hours when not in use. Since I updated to Windows 10 this has not happened.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users