Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to recover deleted shortcut in desktop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 merrya

merrya

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

i copied one folder which has music and photo in the desktop but after days it become shortcut then when i try to open it i accedentally delete it and cant find it in recycle bin i need the file badly tell me what to do

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 March 2016 - 10:50 AM.
moved from MRL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

Taking a chance that your computer is the same one you posted about here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608835/pc-setting-wont-open/ and moving this topic to Windows 8.

If it is a different operating system, please state which on so this can be moved to the appropriate OS board.

Where did you copy the folder from?

Is the folder you copied still on your hard drive? If it is, either copy it again OR simply create a shortcut to the folder.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 March 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

Queen-Evie, on 24 Mar 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

....simply create a shortcut to the folder.

I agree - make a new shortcut.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#4 merrya

merrya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:36 AM

ya its the same computer and i just format the folder from the hard disk after i copied it to my desktop

#5 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:11 AM

i copied one folder which has music and photo in the desktop but after days it become shortcut...

Are you sure you copied the folder instead of making a shortcut?  Please describe in detail how you went about copying the folder.

...i just format the folder from the hard disk after i copied it to my desktop

It isn't possible to "format" a folder.  Can you describe how you "formatted" the folder?

If you really deleted the folder and are serious about recovering the it (or rather, its contents) then you must stop using the computer immediately.  Next, download Recuva on another computer.  Remove the hard drive from the affected computer and run Recuva on it from the other computer.  You would have to either install the drive as a secondary one if it's a desktop with an empty bay, or use a USB dock or adapter.  If you are lucky, you may be able to recover your files if they weren't over-written.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users