Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me please!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoshScribblers

JoshScribblers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:17 AM

Hello! The last few hours have been awful, let me start from the beginning.

My PC was working great up until a couple weeks ago when I suddenly couldn't click any links outside of my web browser. I realized my internet explorer was broken, I cant even open it now without it failing to respond and closing.I don't know how this came to be, Ive broke my pc at least 2 times but restored several times in the last hour. I now cant use Skype since that apparently requires internet explorer. All I do is play video games listen to music and watch youtube videos. How did this even happen I cant even Skype with my friends and I cant open internet explorer. Ive tried resetting internet options and looked up countless fix's. Please help me I'm very sad. Thanks so much

~ Josh

(Ive also tried resetting my PC but keeping all files it did nothing.)

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel i5

GTX 970

2 TB hard drive

Edited by JoshScribblers, 24 March 2016 - 04:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

Sounds like you are having a problem with your web browser, since that is what you clearly state. There is a section here at Bleeping Computer dedicated to web browser issues. Also, have you tried a different web browser? Firefox is a very good one.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

That is odd. Do you mind us gathering some more info about your PC? If you don't mind then please follow these instructions carefully:

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Restore Points
Click Go and copy and paste the result (Result.txt) into your next reply. A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory (folder) the tool is run.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

Have you tried System Restore to a date prior to this happening?  Have you run SFC to check for and attempt repair of corrupt files?  To run SFC open an administrator command prompt and issue the following command: sfc /scannow .  

If this happened to me, and the above didn't work, I'd restore from my latest full system backup I'd made to an external hard drive - food for thought!

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#5 JoshScribblers

JoshScribblers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

I reset my PC deleting files through windows 10. I put my documents on a flash drive and the reset failed at 2% and told me to cancel and return to Windows 10. Now it is stuck at a black screen doesn't even make it to the Windows logo, is my drive fubar?

#6 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:03 PM

If you don't have a full system backup on an external hard drive, it may be time to save your data and restore to factory settings.  

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $55 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users