Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help w/ Win 7 issue and I am at a loss!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cdransom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:51 PM

Hello community, I just happen to stumble on to this informative site by chance and thought I should ask here rather jumping into some more drastic actions. So here it is-
So I noticed on 3/20 my system was running slower then normal. I usually leave my system on, only really running Chrome, Steam (Valve) and Teamspeak. I noticed I had an issue when I tried to launch a program and it loaded very very slowly. My system starts up ok, no real time increase on startup. I launch Chrome and start navigating through any website and it instantly slows down and shudders and becomes choppy on most sights, I launch steam and it takes an extremely long time to load and when launching any program from there it does the same. When finally in I have massive performance issues and my frame rates drop to 18-20 fps (was 60+++). So I have definitely got something causing an issue but I can't find what it is.
I have been checking my hardware monitors and system performance- I don't see any issues with CPU usage but I do see that 28-31% of my system memory is being used at anytime with no applications running in the background (chrome/steam seem to make this spike). So I can navigate my system normally no issues and install any program execute them with no issues or errors but it takes a lot longer then it has in the past. I get no windows errors no failure notices no blue screens and I have no hardware conflicts. I have not recently installed hardware/software or have I visited any new websites/web programs (to my knowledge) in the past few weeks. The issues seems to hover around any program or action that requires a network/internet connection.
Here is what I did-
I ran msconfig and ensured a clean non-essential program boot and re-tested system. No change again. I ran Windows Security Essentials and found no issues. I Downloaded Malwarebytes and ran, it found 23 files that were isolated (below), retested system. No change, then I ran the Junkware removal tool and also found some files (also below).After that I had no change in performance I ran Malwarebytes anti-root tool, no items found. Tested system, no change.... I downloaded Minitoolbox to check some info but not sure what I need to find here to identify any potential issues. This is where you guys come in! 
Please, before I pull my hair out and just re-install Windows and hate myself for doing so can anyone assist me in identifying this? Thank you so so much for just taking the time out to read this disaster of an explanation.
System: Windows 7 64bit all updated, AsRock Extreme X99 Intel mobo, i7 4790k cpu, 16GB DDR3 @1866 Crucial Ballistix (x2 4GB sticks), 2x GTX780 cards, Windows is on a Samsung EVO 840 SSD. All drivers for the motherboard and other items are up to date and where not causing an issue before. This issue started WITHOUT restarting my system. It occurred the next morning after I left it on overnight.
Thanks again for taking a look, I hope I provided some useful info in the attached files. 
Attached File  Malware info.txt   3.75KB   5 downloads
Attached File  JRT.txt   4.65KB   5 downloads
Attached File  MTB_3_23.txt   72.5KB   6 downloads

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users