Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Breed Of Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hallelijah

hallelijah

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:24 PM

Hello guys, I hope you find the courage to answer this problem I have.

Apparently a few days ago my pc was doing fine until, dun dun dun, one day it didn't.

Now when I turn it on, it boots up shows the Windows 10 logo with dots circling.Here's the exciting part, the screen momentarily turns black then shows the same Windows 10 logo and dots but now a little laggy. It then proceeds to a pitch black screen which sometimes flashes gray and only when you move the mouse does the cursor appears. I tried restarting it a bunch of times and then showed me to the automatic repair(if that's what it's called). I tried almost everything but to no avail. It won't even let me do a reset! I choose reset then keep my files('cause of course I don't want to lose them) it then goes resetting but at 11% it suddenly fails. Now with the safe mode or other types of booting up, it turns on just the same, I see the safe mode screen but my monitor repeatedly turns on and off. Btw the image and system recovery doesn't work either. I can't use the command prompt since I don't know how.

I believe in the power of forums/communities that they can solve any problem, please internet, don't let me down.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

I wonder if you're from the FBI, that even cannot say, what is your computer and OS?

How to cure the sick, who perhaps does not exist?

Perhaps it is Windows, but maybe Linux or Mac at all? They are a little bit different, as you know.

Edited by kaljukass, 23 March 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:08 PM

Start with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

If all of those pass, post back for other suggestions.

Most likely it'll involve backing up your stuff and doing a full reset (with the Remove Everything option) - but we have to make sure that the hardware is OK first.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 hallelijah

hallelijah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:48 PM

I wonder if you're from the FBI, that even cannot say, what is your computer and OS?
How to cure the sick, who perhaps does not exist?
Perhaps it is Windows, but maybe Linux or Mac at all? They are a little bit different, as you know.

I thought I posted this on the Windows 10 section...anyway pardon but my pc is yes, (Microsoft) a Windows 10 that runs on Intel i5(please tell me the specs I still need to provide since I'm just a novice in these type of things).

Edited by hallelijah, 23 March 2016 - 08:49 PM.

#5 hallelijah

hallelijah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

UPDATE: I managed to do something, I pressed ctrl+windows+p while on the gray screen and something on the right popped up. Pressed random buttons until I could make out where the box for the input of your password. I managed to get into my desktop but it now looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/tDX8d

It still does not let me do a reset and surpriseee, whenever I open the task manager it momentarily opens then it suddenly closes. Also all apps like the groove music, photos, films and tv do not work. When I press ctrl+alt+del it also just shows me a blank gray screen.

That's all for now :/

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:13 PM

I thought I posted this on the Windows 10 section

You did post it in Windows 10. We can surmise that it your operating system.

kaljukass, tip of the day: Look to see what board a topic has been posted in.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:24 PM

I suspect that this is either an infection or a corruption of Windows.

The first test in the diagnostics that I suggested will let you know if there's malware on the system.

The other 2 tests will test the hard drive and the memory.

Armed with the results of that, we can move on from there.

If it's an infection, the Am I Infected forum is the best place to go:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

If it's not an infection (and it's not hardware), then the best thing to do would be to attempt a Reset.

There are several ways to go about this, but it's advisable to backup your stuff first.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users