Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

another Zlob.ZipCodec

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 ShortFuze

ShortFuze

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

Hello, I too am having troubles with this Zlob.ZipCodec causing Spybot to hang up. Computer has also recently been very slow and things not working as they did not too long ago.

Here are my FRST files. Thank you in advance

Attached File  Addition.txt   54.41KB   1 downloadsAttached File  FRST.txt   80.69KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

Hello
  • Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  • My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
  • Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  • In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
  • Finally, please reply using the Post button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  • I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.
    Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
    • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
      Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    • The tool will start to update its database...please wait until complete.
    • Click on the Scan button.
    • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
    • After the scan has finished, click on the Logfile button...a report (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open in Notepad (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).
    • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
    • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
    • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
    • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[CX].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).
    • Copy and paste the contents of AdwCleaner[CX].txt in your next reply.
    • A copy of all logfiles are saved to C:\AdwCleaner.
    ZN3USrZ.png Emsisoft Emergency Kit
    • Click here to download Emsisoft Emergency Kit. The download will automatically start after a moment.
    • Save EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe to your Desktop.
    • Double click on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe (Windows Vista/7/8 users: Accept UAC warning if it is enabled). A screen like this will appear:
      dQVDkTW.png
    • Leave everything as it is, then click Extract. This will unpack Emsisoft Emergency Kit to the EEK folder located in the root drive (usually C:\).
    • Once the extraction is done, an icon qwL1Upn.png will appear on your Desktop. Double click it to start Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
    • Wait for Emsisoft Emergency Kit to finish loading signatures. A screen like this should appear:
      yEgPemv.png
    • Choose Yes, then wait for EEK to finish updating.
    • Choose Malware Scan under the Scan button. When EEK asks to activate PUP detection, choose Yes.
    • Wait for the scan to finish.
      RUeRoi4.png
    • If EEK detects something, all detected items will be displayed. Place a checkmark before everything, then choose Quarantine Selected.
    • If Emsisoft Emergency Kit asks to reboot, please do so immediately.
    • The scan log is located in Logs -> Scan Logs. Click on the entry of the latest scan, choose Export and save the report on your Desktop.
      P7FSALs.png
    • Please Copy and Paste the contents of the scan log in your next reply.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 ShortFuze

ShortFuze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are the results of AdwCleaner and EEK

Attached Files

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

Download 51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation. You can find the complete installation procedure here.
  • Click the Scan Now button, a threat scan will start automatically.
  • MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will now check for the latest updates. Click Update Now if new updates are available.
  • Your computer is now being scanned, please do not use your computer during the scan.
  • If no threats were found, click View detailed log.
    • Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
  • If the scan detected any threats, click Apply Actions.
    • To complete any actions taken you will be prompted to restart your computer...click on Yes.
    • After reboot, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
    • Check the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan and click View.
    • Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
Providing the MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware log file
  • Attach the log file you just saved to your next reply for further review.

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#5 ShortFuze

ShortFuze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:09 PM

MalwareBytes never asked for a reboot after finishing the scan and removing the threats. But here is the log from the scan

Attached File  MalByt1.txt   4.71KB   2 downloads

#6 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

How is the computer running now?

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#7 ShortFuze

ShortFuze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

It seems to be much more responsive, no lag. have not tried spybot to see if it finds the junk yet. 

#8 ShortFuze

ShortFuze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

still have this

Attached Files

#9 ShortFuze

ShortFuze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:05 AM

let Spybot run all night, it's been hung on the Zlob.ZipCodec for about 15 hours now. However Norton has never given any indication of a trojan attack, and also it's scans have been run many times and have always come up clean. 

#10 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:10 AM

Download RogueKiller from one of the following links and save it to your desktop:
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Close all programs and disconnect any USB or external drives before running the tool.
    • Double-click RogueKiller.exe to run the tool (Vista or 7 users: Right-click and select Run As Administrator).
    • Once the Prescan has finished, click Scan.
    • Once the Status box shows "Scan Finished", click the "Report" button to show the log, and then close the program. <--Don't fix anything!
    • Copy and paste the report that opens into your next reply.
      • The log can also be found in the following location: C:\ProgramData\RogueKiller\Logs\RKreport_SCN_mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log
      • >>For XP users, you must first show hidden files/folders, then the log location is here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\RogueKiller\Logs\RKreport_SCN_mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#11 ShortFuze

ShortFuze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:49 AM

Attached File  rk_805.tmp.txt   3.92KB   2 downloads

#12 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

Please run Roguekiller again. This time select and delete any entries it finds. Then post that log for my review.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#13 ShortFuze

ShortFuze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

Attached File  rk_B77B.tmp.txt   4KB   2 downloads

#14 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

How is the machine running now? Have you tried running Spybot is Safemode?

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#15 ShortFuze

ShortFuze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

It runs fine for a little while, before I could leave it on for days without issue, now it starts getting sluggish after several hours. I am running spybot in age mode now. Will update after completion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users