Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access Database mail.ocx missing error??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Robdiqulous

Robdiqulous

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:53 AM

Hello,

I am doing IT support at the small business and they have a program that accesses this Access Database. I am fairly new here and learning how they do things. My boss said that sometimes when they input something wrong in the database the program will then not work until the data is edited. The program was not working so I go to go into the Access database and I get this error message.

"Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'mail.ocx' version 1.0."

It then says to go into the Visual Basic Editor into references and to find the file saying missing and to redirect it to where this file is. I have looked on google and I can't seem to find anything about this mail.ocx. The reference that it refers to is it says "MISSING: TTC mail custom control". And the file should be in C:\WINNT\system32\mail.ocx. I looked in the system32 files where it says it should be and it isn't there. I don't think someone just deleted this file because it isn't somewhere anyone would go to in the system32. I can't even find what this file does or what uses it or what installed it. I just know that Access apparently wants access to it. 

Does anyone know anything about this issue or how I can resolve it?

I already ran CC Cleaner and am about to do virus and malware scan after I defrag the disk. Virus scans everyday and hasn't found anything. This computer barely ever goes online but it is connected to the internet. It is also running IE 8 on XP. It is an older computer. It is using Symantec Endpoint Protection. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rob

Edited by Robdiqulous, 23 March 2016 - 09:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users