Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Don't recognize these trusted sites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 katieb

katieb

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:07 PM

I have HijackThis V1.98.2 After scanning, two "trusted sites" were listed: 015-Trusted Zone: *.frame.crazywinnings.com and 015-Trusted Zone: *static.topconverting.com What are these? And why are they shown as Trusted Sites?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:16 PM

I'm not able to view either of those. Did you try to check the info about those 2 under more details in HJT?
Also, what OS are you running? Win98, WinME?

#3 katieb

katieb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:27 PM

I'm running windows 98. I did check the info for those two, it said this:
Websites in the Trusted Zone are allowed to use normally dangerous scrpits and ActiveX objects normal sites aren't allowed to use. Some programs will automatically add a site to the Trusted Zone without you knowing. Only a very few programs are known to do this (Netscape 6 is one of them) and all add 'free.aol.com' to the Trusted Zone.
I do not have netscape 6, I have Internet Explorer.

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:35 PM

You have been hijacked by spyware. Please post a HijackThis log in the HJT analysis forum.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:35 PM

If you are absolutely sure you aren't a member of those sites, I'd remove them. They are not important and look kinda fishy even if they are legit. Anything with 'free' or 'winning', etc... in the URL are almost guaranteed to be garbage.
I'd remove them. It's safe to do so.
You might want to take a look at your security tab under Tools, Internet Options, Security, Trusted Zones to see if anything is marked that you didn't mark yourself. Let me know which ones you aren't sure about and I'll get the Pinned Topic for you. Resetting your options will help stop these 'questionable' sites from appearing in your Trusted Zones/Trusted Sites.
I'll look now for you for the information...but go ahead and delete/remove those 2 entries. But please copy and paste your HJT log into the appropriate forum here for adequate analysis. They might find other yuckies on there.

#6 katieb

katieb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2004 - 04:04 PM

Alright. I tried deleting those two from my trusted sites, but every time i went back to check if they were gone, they came back again!

#7 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:44 PM

raw@Dec 5 2004, 10:35 AM

You have been hijacked by spyware. Please post a HijackThis log in the HJT analysis forum.

It's true. They can come back. More than HJT is needed. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users