Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to restore windows 7 or fix windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Laurene19996

Laurene19996

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:43 PM

Hello, 
I've been searching the web for a while now haven't really seen anything like mine well i don't think so. I downloaded windows 10 ISO and everything went fine till i get to the logo and then my mouse wouldn't work neither my keyboard each time i restarted my computer it either came up with lines of avg watchdog, recovery option but again i couldn't click either advanced options or restart and then last it came up with a black screen and cursor So any help either getting it back to windows 7 would be good or to even fix this problem would be awesome! 
So help would be grateful please thank you for taking your time to read and help out!

Windows-10.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

If this happened to me, I'd restore from the full system backup I made to my external hard drive.  I take you didn't make one?  If not, I hope you've learned why you should.  Have you tried booting to Safe Mode (usually by pressing F8).

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

Let's tackle the mouse and keyboard issues as we can't assume anything at this point

Are both of them USB connected?

Are you sure that both of them work ok on another computer?

--- I know that sounds like a foolish question but even the simplest item needs to be verified

Is the mouse battery operated? If so change the battery

Then there's the Internet connection

--- Personally I recommend hard wired Internet connection from start to finish

Bottom line: don't trust anything wireless (mouse or Internet) at this time

--- It's not that it can't be done that way but in a situation like this it's back to the basics even if it isn't known why

EDIT: The only items that should be connected to the computer are the Ethernet cable, keyboard, mouse and monitor: nothing else. If there is a ireless item such as a wireless printer, shut it off.

On the black screen, try another good known working monitor especially one that does work on someone's Windows 10 computer if possible

If somehow the above ideas can come together "ok" post back using another computer and let us know what's happening.

Personally it appears to me you should revert back to your Windows 7 on the first chance you get

--- Verify everything in Windows 7 is up-to-date and security is clean

--- Follow Niweg's recommendation: create a system image backup of Windows 7

--- I'm with Niweg 100% on that

--- Before you are ready to try upgrading to Windows 10 again, completely disable or uninstall AVG whatever you have

Please let us know why you used a Windows 10 ISO and instead of the Get Windows 10 icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar

Are there any other factors we need to know?

--- Such as is this the first time you tried upgrading to Windows 10?

Here is another "stretch"

--- Can you get a system repair disc for your Windows 7?

--- It might be helpful if you can try to do a system restore

Back to the keyboard, mouse and monitor issues: if each one proves to work on a another computer hard wired, when you boot your system back up give the computer plenty of time to completely boot up

--- I've seen a few cases where it took about 30 minutes to do so

There's more to be said, but it's difficult to cover all the bases at this time

Edited by cmptrgy, 23 March 2016 - 03:13 PM.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

Also, one can try PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard on desktops.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 TheITGUI

TheITGUI

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:35 AM

I'm going to re-iterate what everyone's saying, and that's to use a wired keyboard and mouse. Wireless peripherals tend to not read during these processes.

You can always do a fresh install of either Win 10 or 7. If you're upgrading OS' from 7 to 10 there's a handful of issues that come with that. It's always easier to do a fresh install as previous programs and services won't interfere.

Either of these will work.

#6 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:13 PM

Try this: Create this on another computer

How to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-usb-flash-drive-create-install-windows-10-a.html

Maybe, maybe not your keyboard and mouse work at this time; please let us know.

However either way you have nothing to lose by trying.

I had to do that on a computer with a different problem, but the computer booted though the Bootable USB Flash Drive without having to change the boot order.

Another question: do you have a system recovery partition intact?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users