Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Blue Screen of Death!!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 janie01

janie01

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

Hello everyone,

I have experienced the blue screen of death with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I did not experience this until today. Today I lent my computer to the IT guy at work so that he could install the new version of a work program that I require. After receiving the laptop back after 20 minutes, he informed me that he was not able to uninstall the old version of the program, and that he simply entered the product code for the old version instead of installing the newer version.

I experienced a couple problems after getting it back. I can't recall which order this happened in but these two things happened:

1) black screen with only cursor visible. Would not go away. So I shut down the laptop by holding down the power button.

2) BSOD with message: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and that the computer will restart.

I have no idea why this is happening since the IT guy claims to have not installed anything. However it seems that I now have a virus!

For reference the laptop is an Aspire One725-0826 with Windows 10.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
(PS I have another similar post which I tried to delete as this one provides more info about the problem I'm experiencing)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users