Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand New CyberPowerPC Crashing/BSODs - 0x00000139 - LAST RESORT- NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 RaginPwner

RaginPwner

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:12 PM

Hi guys,

If anyone can figure this out 100%, I'll f'n pay you $100 via paypal. I'm at my wits end. Reaching out as a last resort as I've tried everything I know of to resolve my issues (and asked PC IT friends to no avail). I got this PC on 2/18. My second and LAST time ordering from CyberPower. Computer was showing "hardware error" or something right out of the box. The HDD was a little crooked in its seating so I had to adjust and replug. I did a windows repair as well booting off the disc. Then, the gpu I got separately didn't fit in my case that Cyberpower said it would fit, so my buddy and I completely took apart the PC and put it back together in a new case (he's done this before multiple times). No issues there. Finally, I only loaded up Steam, Uplay and Origin and then a handful of games. Daily I would wake up to find that my computer had rebooted itself and had the "windows shutdown unexpectedly" error messages and the 0x00000139 BSOD error message (pictures attached). Dealt with this for 2 weeks. Did memtest and ran it overnight and got no errors. scanned both hardrives and they are clean. Then did a complete fresh reinstall of windows and wiped both drives. Reinstalled and waited 3 days. Got no errors. So I reinstalled Steam, etc and my games. Only non-game software I have installed is CCleaner (run it a bunch and "fixed registry problems" yet still getting the BSODs and shutdowns) TeamViewer, CPUID and Fraps. It ran for 2 days fine and then a few days ago the SAME BSOD and unexpected shutdown errors are appearing daily (yesterday it shutdown 3 times on itself). It never happens when I'm gaming. I can play the Division for 3-4 hours fine. It's when I'm not using it this happens. My temps have all been fine too. Max temp on the CPU was 75C while playing Division. GPU max was 55C. Can ANYONE HELP?!?! What do I do? Specs and error messages below. I also added a shot of all the programs I have installed. My gpu is a 980 ti Hybrid. (I've also included my reliability report) https://flic.kr/s/aHsktsyRkW

I initially had a 10% overclock done to it from Cyberpower, but after I reinstalled windows, I hit F5 in the bios to bring it back to default so nothing is OC'd.  I also removed McAfee and just use Windows Defender (the issue was happening with McAfee and now without it).

*BASE_PRICE: [+899]
BLKFRISALE1: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 Gaming Headset [+0]
BLKFRISALE2: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
BLKFRISALE3: TP-LINK 802.11 AC Archer T1U AC450 Wireless 5GHz 433Mbps
Nano USB Adapter [+0]
BLKFRISALE4: CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Combo
[+0] (Black Color w/ Green Light)
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: RAIDMAX Viper II Mid-Tower ATX gaming case w/USB 3.0, Side Panel
Window [-18] (Black Color)
CASUPGRADE: None
CC: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 4.00GHZ 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
(Skylake) [+70]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
DOCKINGSTATION: None
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling
Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CU: None
FREEBIE_HD: None
HD_M2PCIE: None
HD_M2SATA: None
HDD: 120GB Intel 535 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD – 540MB/s Read &
480MB/s Write [+24] (Single Drive)
HDD2: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+59] (Single Drive)
HEADSET: None
HS_HANGER: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: None
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2800MHz Dual Channel Memory [+69] (ADATA XPG Z1)
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING ATX w/ USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe
x1, 1 SATA Express, 4 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2
MOUSE: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NFC: None
OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS850M 80 Plus Gold
Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+110]
PRO_WIRING: None
RUSH: Standard Process Time: Ship within 7 to 12 Business Day
SECURITY: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (Factory Pre-Install [Digital Version])
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts]
LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: None or Integrated Graphics [-100]
WNC: 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI-E Wireless Adapter Network Card [+19]
WTV: None
_PRICE: (+1151)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

Hi. . .

Please run the BSOD Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

No payment is necessary. If you wish to donate, please do so to the forum itself - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/announcement/frivolous-lawsuits/help-bleepingcomputer-defend-freedom-of-speech/

Please do not use the registry cleaner in CCleaner (or from any other product). Registry cleaning can damage the OS.

You should contact the system manufacturer for warranty service. These current problem(s) could just be the beginning of more serious problems to come.

Please do make sure that you are not overclocked.

After submitting the files to us, please run Driver Verifier. It must run for 24 hours minimum. It runs in the background, so you can continue to use the system, but may notice it is somewhat sluggish. This is completely normal while running Driver Verifier.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Be sure to save your work often because if Driver Verifier detects a 3rd party driver violation, it will force a BSOD.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 22 March 2016 - 02:16 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 RaginPwner

RaginPwner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

Thanks JC.  I will do this tonight when I get back to my computer.  I have run CCleaner as early as this morning 7:30a CST.  Is that a problem?  I will uninstall that app immediately.

When you say contact the system manufacturer, are you referring to CyberPower (where I purchased)?  Or ASUS, Intel, nVidia, etc?  The manufacturers of my components.  All of the components are/should be under warranty.

#4 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

When I say "contact system mfg..." - I am referring to whoever built the system. I typically buy HP laptops with Intel CPUs; Intel wifi; Realtek Ethernet; NVIDIA video, etc... If I needed warranty service, I would contact HP only, as they were the ones to assemble all. 

So, in your case, that would be CyberPower.

To be honest here, I would demand a brand new system from them and settle for nothing less. You yourself know that your current predicament is less than ideal for the owner of a brand new $1,000 system to be in.

I don't fully understand what you did with the video card, i.e., why CyberPower didn't install it. It sounded like you had to force it in there to get it to fit. I am not a hardware expert at all. My hardware experience is limited to replacing a HDD or RAM in a laptop. That's about as far as I would go. I did take a laptop apart once, but ended up with "spare parts" and needed a lot of help to get the laptop working again. :0

CCleaner is fine to use. I use it myself -- but not the Registry portion. The "errors" that registry cleaners find are not errors at all. They are usually benign items. For example, if you had Microsoft Office installed, there would be a registry entry saying to open Word if a .DOCX (file ext) file was clicked on. If you were then to uninstall Office, the registry entry saying to open Word for DOCX files may remain. That certainly is not an error that needs to be addressed urgently or on behalf of overall system performance. However, registry cleaners do label such a thing as an error and get most users excited and upset about the alleged "registry error", which is not an error at all. There would be no suffering of system performance if the DOXC/Word item were to be left behind in the registry. 

Lastly, if you have an Internet Security Suite installed (Norton or McAfee may have come pre-installed as a trial) -- use the appropriate removal tool to uninstall it -- at least for the duration of your stay with us.

http://support.eset.com/kb146/?locale=en_US

3rd party firewalls can wreak havoc with Windows.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 22 March 2016 - 04:51 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#5 RaginPwner

RaginPwner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  Hard to explain.  I purchased the 980ti Hybrid from Amazon.  Then I purchased the computer from Cyberpower.  The website said the card would fit the case, which it didn't.  So I went and purchased a larger case and rebuilt the PC with a friend who rebuilds PCs.  The 980ti fits just fine.  Plenty of room.  That being said, Cyberpower will no longer take my computer back since I swapped cases.

I'll go through all the steps you mentioned above and hope for the best.  Again, I really appreciate your help.

#6 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

You were clear enough - I just went back and re-read the post. With my novice hardware experience, it's difficult for me to comprehend what you did. I couldn't imagine myself doing what you did!

Did you run the system before installing the video card & all into the new case?

If so, were there any BSODs?

It is possible that the new GPU is involved in the BSODs; not sure.

Edited by jcgriff2, 22 March 2016 - 04:50 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#7 RaginPwner

RaginPwner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

I did not run the system before installing the video card.  I reinstalled windows, then just kept hitting the "check for updates" button in the windows update menu.  it downloaded almost all of the drivers, etc.  and then it downloaded the NVIDIA driver.  I did have to install the audio driver myself which i downloaded from the ASUS page.  the nvidia driver it downloaded was old but i waited 2 days before downloading the latest.  no bsods.  then like you can see in the report, it started crashing after 3 days.  i believe within 1 day of me redownloading my games and Steam and such.

attached is the bsod zip file and the perfmon html.   performing the driver verifier process and will let it run for 24 hours.  THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP.

Attached Files

Edited by RaginPwner, 22 March 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#8 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

Hi. . .

You're welcome -- I'm glad to try and help.

There were no dump files in the attached Sysnative zip file. Have you actually had BSODs in the latest OS installation?

Please check - \windows\minidump for any dump files.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 22 March 2016 - 09:01 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#9 RaginPwner

RaginPwner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:32 PM

Yes.  According to my reliability monitor, there were 2 each of the past two days.  There's nothing in the minidump file.

I did accidentally restore my computer to an earlier restore point tonight when I was trying to follow your steps to create a restore point (accidentally triggered a restore instead of creating one).  Then I ran the sysnative app from that restore point.  That being said, it restored to a point at 12:30AM on 3/22.  The BSODs happened on 3/21 and 3/20 and 3/19.  Today I had 2 "windows was not properly shut down" errors but no BSODs.  no information just: "The previous system shutdown at 3:52:06 PM on ‎3/‎22/‎2016 was unexpected."

"

Edited by RaginPwner, 22 March 2016 - 09:33 PM.

#10 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

Hi. . .

Windows System Restore would have wiped out (deleted) the minidumps.

Upon future BSODs, re-run the jcgriff2/Sysnative app to get the minidumps or go to \windows\minidump, copy them out to Documents or Desktop, zip all up into a single zip file + attach to your post.

RaginPwner, on 22 Mar 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

Today I had 2 "windows was not properly shut down" errors but no BSODs. no information just: "The previous system shutdown at 3:52:06 PM on ‎3/‎22/‎2016 was unexpected."
"

Those 2 messages can appear after a BSOD or after a sudden, unexplained and unexpected power failure (like someone pulling the plug out).

I can help you if the cause is software, but won't be much help if hardware has failed, which is what your sudden loss of power events sound like.

Open the case, re-seat the RAM, make sure that all connections (wiring; cables) are secure.

I'm glad that you are familiar with the Reliability Monitor. You may be surprised to learn that most people have no idea what it is, let alone use it.

Regards. . .

John

Edited by jcgriff2, 23 March 2016 - 11:00 AM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#11 RaginPwner

RaginPwner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

Ha.  Thanks!  Dealing with consistent PC problems with this rig and my previous one (VR is the only reason I went back!), I've become familiar with a handful of troubleshooting tools! 

I'm still letting the driver verifier run (is there a report I'm supposed to pull from this?).  What do I do with this tool?

If another BSOD error appears, I'll run the report again and send the minidump file.  

I really don't imagine it's a hardware issue.  Every hardware test I've run has shown that it's all working properly.  Wishful thinking.  My next step is to remove the gpu and the drivers and let it run.  Hate to think that my $750 beast card is damaged.  It's definitely under warranty though.  

I'll be able to check for BSODs when I get home from work tonight.  Hopefully i can send something your way.  

#12 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:21 AM

Hi. . .

There is really nothing for you to do while Driver Verifier is running. If it detects a driver violation, it will let you know immediately by crashing your system (BSOD). That's its job.

I mentioned hardware failure because of the sudden system shutdowns. Unexplained negative power events like these almost always indicate hardware failure (some unknown problem with the hardware). A software issue would not result in the sudden loss of power to the system.

Just curious if you don't mind. . . the video card alone cost $750?? Wow!

Is the stock PSU definitely able to handle the extra power needed by the video card? 

Regards. . .

John

Edited by jcgriff2, 23 March 2016 - 11:24 AM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#13 RaginPwner

RaginPwner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:24 AM

yeah, it's a 980ti Hybrid!  real deal stuff. PSU should be more than ample to run it.  I do have the computer plugged into an old powersurge/powerstrip type thing.  Could that cause BSODs?

PSU is 850 Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS850M 80 Plus Gold.

#14 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

If the powerstrip is not functioning properly, then I would remove it.

If it failed or caused the power to vary outside of accepted ranges, then it possibly could have triggered your system's power manager to shut the system down to prevent damage.

I can see the powerstrip causing unexpected power loss/system shutdowns, but I don't believe it could cause an actual BSOD unless it caused the power to vary within acceptable ranges which in turn caused the RAM to fail (e.g., not properly hold kernel code).

Regards. . .

John

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#15 RaginPwner

RaginPwner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

makes sense.  I'll look to swap it out.  I'm actually hoping to come home to BSODs tonight so I can send you something to go off of!  anything of note from the performance monitor report?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users