Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rootkit Oh Oh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Blu2016

Blu2016

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

I got this yesterday in the form of an adobe update I have attached Frst and addition logs, Rouge Killer and Malware Bytes logs as well. Will not remove.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

Hello

•   Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  •   My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  •   Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  •   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
  •   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  •   In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
  •   Finally, please reply using the Post button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  •   I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.    NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system    Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.  If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.  When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 Blu2016

Blu2016
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

Thank you, will run the fix list.

#4 Blu2016

Blu2016
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:04 PM

Have done the fixlist.

Attached Files

#5 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:35 AM

Can you please run FRST again as you did the first time you ran it. Then post the new FRST.txt. How is the computer running now?

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#6 Blu2016

Blu2016
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

Seems OK so far. Norton is wanting to do a clean up. Still getting the occasional outgoing item to a website which gets blocked with malware bytes.

Attached Files

#7 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:11 AM

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.ZN3USrZ.png
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • The tool will start to update its database...please wait until complete.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Logfile button...a report (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open in Notepad (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[CX].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).
  • Copy and paste the contents of AdwCleaner[CX].txt in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved to C:\AdwCleaner.
  • Emsisoft Emergency Kit
  • Click here to download Emsisoft Emergency Kit. The download will automatically start after a moment.
  • Save EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe to your Desktop.
  • Double click on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe (Windows Vista/7/8 users: Accept UAC warning if it is enabled). A screen like this will appear:
    dQVDkTW.png
  • Leave everything as it is, then click Extract. This will unpack Emsisoft Emergency Kit to the EEK folder located in the root drive (usually C:\).
  • Once the extraction is done, an icon qwL1Upn.png will appear on your Desktop. Double click it to start Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
  • Wait for Emsisoft Emergency Kit to finish loading signatures. A screen like this should appear:
    yEgPemv.png
  • Choose Yes, then wait for EEK to finish updating.
  • Choose Malware Scan under the Scan button. When EEK asks to activate PUP detection, choose Yes.
  • Wait for the scan to finish.
    RUeRoi4.png
  • If EEK detects something, all detected items will be displayed. Place a checkmark before everything, then choose Quarantine Selected.
  • If Emsisoft Emergency Kit asks to reboot, please do so immediately.
  • The scan log is located in Logs -> Scan Logs. Click on the entry of the latest scan, choose Export and save the report on your Desktop.
    P7FSALs.png
  • Please Copy and Paste the contents of the scan log in your next reply.
  • [/list]

Edited by fireman4it, 23 March 2016 - 08:12 AM.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#8 Blu2016

Blu2016
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

# AdwCleaner v5.105 - Logfile created 23/03/2016 at 08:24:54
# Updated 21/03/2016 by Xplode
# Database : 2016-03-23.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 10 Home  (x86)
# Username : DIN - TS5639
# Running from : C:\Users\DIN\Desktop\adwcleaner_5.105.exe
# Option : Clean
# Support : http://toolslib.net/forum

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\ask.com
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\veohb.net
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.ask.com

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: "Tracing" keys removed
:: Winsock settings cleared

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [927 bytes] - [23/03/2016 08:24:54]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [736 bytes] - [21/03/2016 22:00:36]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [1042 bytes] - [23/03/2016 08:21:56]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [1144 bytes] ##########

Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Version 11.0
Last update: 3/23/2016 8:34:27 AM
User account: TS5639\DIN

Scan settings:

Scan type: Malware Scan
Objects: Rootkits, Memory, Traces, Files

Detect PUPs: On
Scan archives: Off
ADS Scan: On
File extension filter: Off
Advanced caching: On
Direct disk access: Off

Scan start:    3/23/2016 8:34:58 AM

Scanned    81771
Found    0

Scan end:    3/23/2016 8:38:01 AM
Scan time:    0:03:03

#9 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

It Appears That Your Pc Is Now Clean!

Clean up:

Right-click AdwCleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Uninstall button.
  • A window will open, press the Confirm button.
  • AdwCleaner will uninstall now.

Clean up with delfix:
  • please download delfix to your desktop.
  • Close all other programms and start delfix.
  • Please check all the boxes and run the tool.
  • delfix will now delete all found traces of our removal process

Delete the log files our tools created; they are located at your desktop or at the
"c:\users\{.......}\Downloads" folder.
Highlight them, and press the del or delete key on the keyboard.
You can browse to the location of the file or folder using either My Computer or Windows Explorer.

Here are some Preventive tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future

:step1: Browse more secure :step2: Make sure you keep your Windows OS current.
  • Windows XP users can visit Windows update regularly to download and install any critical updates and service packs.
  • Windows Vista / 7 / 8 users can update via
    Start menu > All Programs > Windows Update > Check for Updates (in left hand task pane).
:step3: Avoid P2P
  • If you think you're using a "safe" P2P program, only the program is safe, not the data.
  • You will share files from unsafe sources, and these may be infected.
  • Some bad guys use P2P filesharing as an important chanel to spread their wares.
:step4: Use only one anti-virus software and keep it up-to-date.

:step5: Firewall
Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over. I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

:step6: Backup regularly
You never know when your PC will become unstable or become so infected that you can't recover it.

:step7: Use Strong passwords!

:step8: Email attachments
Do not open any unknown email attachments, which you received without asking for it!

Extra note:
Keep your Browser, Java, pdf Reader and Adobe Flash Up to Date.
And you could install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit to run alongside your traditional anti-virus or anti-malware products.

Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#10 Blu2016

Blu2016
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

Lol delfix registers as a Trojan from Norton

#11 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:05 AM

I'm sure it does. It's not a trojan. Norton just detects it as one from its heuristics. Just turn off Norton and download and run DELFIX. Its a cleanup tool that cleans up all the tools we used. Let me know how nit goes.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#12 Blu2016

Blu2016
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

I d/l delfix from the site here and Norton had no issues with it. Everything cleaned up easily. Thank you for your assistance!!!

#13 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:29 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users