Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodak AiO Printer won't install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bad-People

Bad-People

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

Alright I've finally gotten around to installing my old printer on my new computer but there's a hitch. I have a Kodak ESP-3 AiO printer/scanner that I used with my old computer and it worked fine. I got a new Lenovo G50-45 laptop (windows 8.1) a few months ago and now I need my scanner so I'm trying to install it. Problem is I get to the step "Installing Your Kodak Printer" (Please wait while we install your printer drivers) and it just sits there. A little green block just slides across the progress bar over and over again, conveniently telling my nothing about actual progress, and it's been doing that for the last 30 minutes. I have the original disk for the install and am trying to use that FYI. (Also I don't care about the printer side, I've been out of ink for years now. I just need the scanner)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bad-People

Bad-People
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

Okay Nevermind. For some reason, fourth try, it worked without a hitch.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

I hate to use the software provided by the manufacturers, especially HP with all the extra junk you don't need.  I usually just let WIN? find the drivers needed, sometimes you need to let it search the internet, but it should find all you need. 

#4 Bad-People

Bad-People
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:40 PM

Okay New Problem. After working fine for a couple of day now it won't connect. In my Kodak AiO Home Center I get a message at the bottom left that says "Disconnected". I f I try to scan I get a box called "Choose Kodak Printer" and in that there's a box with nothing in it and two buttons one called "Rescan for Printers" which does nothing and one called "Connect Kodak Printer". That one brings up a box called "Kodak Printer Setup Utility" with the sup heading "Install Your Kodak Printer". In that box there are options for connecting with USB, WiFi, or Ethernet Cable. It also informs me that the latter two options are only available on models I don't have. I'm trying to use the USB anyway. So I select "Connect via USB Cable" and it gives me a message saying "Printer Drivers Installed Successfully" and I'm still not connected.

I go down to hidden icons on my taskbar and  I see the printer icon with a red "X" through it. I double click it and I get a box called "Kodak ESP-3 AiO"  That box gives me a message saying "Connecting to Printer..." which never changes.

The USB Port works, I've tested it with a flash drive. The cable looks undamaged and I've tried reconnecting both ends. I've also tried restarting my computer twice.

EDIT: Now when I choose "Connect Kodak Printer" I get the same issue from the other day where it tries to install the printer drivers and gets stuck. The only way to close that box is to choose "End Task" from the Task Manager. When I do that it gives me this message with a lot of text but it's only up for a split second and it disappears before the box closes.

EDIT,EDIT: Okay. The issue from that last edit happens if I click "Connect via USB Cable" and then plug in the cable. If I leave the cable in click "Connect via USB Cable" and the click "next" I get the message "Printer Drivers Installed Successfully".

EDIT, EDIT, EDIT I've also tried both USB ports and it won't work for either. Under Devices and Printers in the control panel there is a listing for Kodak ESP-3 AiO with a green check mark over it. When I check the Hardware Properties it says "This Device is Working Properly".  Maybe it's a software issue with the home center? It worked two days ago so I'm just irritated now.

Edited by Bad-People, 24 March 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#5 Bad-People

Bad-People
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

Alright I guess that was just there way of forcing me to spend 160Mb to update the software because after I updated it looks like it's working again. For now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users